What to ask on a first date to keep the conversation going?

Any ideas on what question to ask so it doesn't get boring?
Any topics to talk about to keep the talking going back and forth?

Most Helpful Girl

• talk about hobbies and travel.
    i love to converse about cats, dolls and fashion ♥︎

What Girls Said 7

• Try gauging your date's interests and intellect. A lot of girls that are worth it like to have intellectual conversations.

• it looks like you're asking this question because you don't have anything in common with the girl you're dating.

• be your self first off. find out what her interest are and go from their. try and make her laugh.

• Talk about some new tv shows or movies. No politics or religion.

• I'd probably save religion/politics for a later date. Ask her about her family, her area of study, does she like her job, how does she like the town she lives in, what she does for fun, her aspirations, favorite color, how was her day, etc.

• If you run out of things to say, just point out random things that you see or just anything. It may be silly but she'll laugh. At least that's how I was on all the dates before my bf and I finally got together. I did all the talking, about random stuff and always made him laugh

• Ask if she is religious?
    If she isn't ask if she believes in the Big Bang
    If she is ask if she thinks the stories in the bible are actually real or just metaphorical to things that actually happened,

Or ask if she ever watched 90's cartoons?

Or ask what she wants to do in future and would she change her mind if she had 20 years left to live

Or just say something random like "what does the word, word, mean?"

Just be random, it will bring an interesting conversation

by the way I'm 21 so what I think dating is like may be different if your 30...

What Guys Said 2

• Anything about her, likes, sports, job/school, venues, activities - looking for something in common & things to do together

• everything but politics, religion, and sex. those are trollable topics and can get quite tense. dont want that on a first date. you're just trying to find out about her, ya know, things like what she would do in this instance or what she thinks of this dog etc..just keep it light. don't go into life stories either. save that for later