Why do some women think they are fat?

The woman I am seeing now is 27 and I am 24. She was the woman who got mad at me for not asking her out. So I did that and she said yes. However, she thinks she is fat. In reality, she's not even close to it. In fact, she is incredibly sexy. Why do some women think this?

Most Helpful Guy

• she doesn't think she's good enough for you, as much as you say it. in fact the more you say it, the less she'll believe it

• She is a clear 9 to me at best. I wish she can see what I see.

• That is true. You can only do so much.

• thanks for mh

What Girls Said 6

• Because every woman thinks she's fat. That's it. It doesn't really go away with age. Heck. I think I'm fat. You see, with the skinny stick models being pushed in our faces and all the diet plans and crap being pushed at us, it's hard NOT to think you're fat.

• What if the man thinks you're the hottest thing on the planet?

• well i don't. I mean, I have fats that I want to lose but thinking that I am fat? That is just sooo low.

• Hey, I'm 5'4 and weigh 107 lbs. I have abdominal definition, and am really quite thin. But I look in the mirror and only see the bad. Lots and lots of women are like this. Congrats to you for not being so.

• Photoshop, media, you name it. It's hard not to see tons of very thin women plastered all over the place on almost a daily basis and not feel fat. I do not think I'm fat but I have days where I feel not-so-little because I walk by a magazine or see something on tv. It makes it especially hard because my boyfriend does next to nothing to ease that when I am in a certain mood. No compliments, nothing. Not helpful. Sure this could be seen as him not wanting to reward the behavior, but when your girlfriend is crying because she has a little cellulite and feels bad in shorts that day, you should probably tell her she is beautiful and fit.

Girls tend to forget that only a tiny majority of men demand perfection- and those men aren't worth a second glance anyway. We do it to ourselves more than anything else because it's hard not to with all of the outside influences.

• Because have you seen our competition? All of the women on tv, online, magazines, etc.

No matter how beautiful, sexy, or attractive a girl is. We will always have some insecurity about ourselves.

• Sometimes, what she meant by fat is those fats that she wanted to lose. Or maybe, she's the type that is obsess with her body that she could notice even a small change to her body.
    Or, she just want you to tell her that she is beautiful and you love her ^^

• society puts pressure on women mostly to look a certain way. If her father/brother talk about weight a lot when she was growing up it could be part of the problem.

• If women will listen to society so well, then why won't they listen to anyone else :D

• The stupid media.

What Guys Said 3

• I am absolutely against it. To live with a girl we dont need starving models. We need who care for us. A bubbly giggly little fat girl is good. Am also like u chasing older woman. Secure her thoughts by reassuring her...

• Because of the media, they always use under weight models to show off beauty.

• Could be anything. Could be her simple way of fishing for compliments, it could be she has unrealistic standards, it could be she is paranoid and deeply insecure.