guys: if you really like a girl would you do that?

if you really like a girl but you're the shy type. would you talk about other girls (that don't mean anything to you) in front of her to see her reaction? or is doing that means you don't actually care about her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, especially younger guys will try to 'impress' the girl by talking as if he knows many of them. If a guy does that, he likes you, but is insecure about how you feel about him.

• He did that yesterday.. and I just joked around about it saying he can go talk to them since they have a priority he immediately said no they don't and we ended up talking for an hour after that.

• Yep. True.. and his personality has a lot to do with that since he acts like a big baby most of the times! Evwn though we're both 24 so he shouldn't really!
      Thanks

• Sigh,,, we don't always gorw up quickly!

What Guys Said 11

• It happens. A shy guy would do it as an attempt to hide his true feelings because he feels the other girl isn't interested. Some guys do also do it to make you jealous. It depends on how close of friends you are because guys will ask their female friends for advice on other girls.

• We're good friends but he didn't ask me for anything ! We were talking how we should prepare that sandwich that we both like again and suddenly he sent me a screenahot of a convo between him and somw girl friends of his joking around about how much they like that sandwich so (sounding almost kidding) I told him to go talk to them and they have ths peiority but he immediately sent me a grungy face saying that they don't and that he doesn't care about them.and he continued talking to me for an hour anda half after that

• I am the shy type, and I wouldn't do that. What if maybe she'd get the wrong idea and think I'm friendzoning her or something? So yeah, I wouldn't do that, I'd find other ways of letting her know I like her.

• Exactly! I really like him and he did make me kinda jealous but also made me have second thoughts if he likes me at all or even if he's afraid of losing me.

• Oh he NEVER hurts me with his words..but with his actions he does. He used to sometimes ignore my texts but when i closed my phone and internet for a month (he qent crazy at that time) he stopped doing that, he used to wait for elme to tect or message him but now he starts the convo, he is evwn using petnames like love and baby and joke about how much he loves me (we were'nt used to do tgat)
      Thank you for answering :)

• It sounds like everything is alright now, that's good :)

Glad to help!

• I know I've been guilty of talking about my x's and other girls around girls. Bottom line is it never meant I cared anything about them. I still talk about them to this day and they are many years long gone out of the picture.

• You talk about your girl friends to the girl you like?

• Oh ok but it's still better than saying good things! Lol

• Yeah I was fresh out of good things to say about my x's lol. And truthfully unless someone is trying to do what my x done in order to make someone else jealous, which will sooner or later backfire by the way, it doesn't matter if they talk about someone else if they're with who they want to be with.

• No, I wouldn't do that. That means the guy is either playing games or he doesn't care. If I was into a girl I'd avoid mentioning other girls I knew. She'd be my one focus.

• I agree.
      Thanks for answering :)

• It's called being a player. Gotta not seem beta. Life's a bitch ain't it?

• trying to make you jealous. he's playing mind games with you

• Which means that he doesn't care.right?

• True.
      Thanks for answering :(

• That was supposed to be a smiling facs.lol

• well i'm this type of guy, and no i don't !

• Ouch! I was hoping he'd be shy and that's the reason he did that because I can't find another reason for why he did it.

• Lol.true.
      Thanks for answering :)

• No problem :)

• I would consider myself a shy guy and i would personally not do that with those intentions. It may be that i am reffering to past experiences with girls but that is to share them with you so you know where i come from rather then trying to get a reaction out of you. I also wouldn't go out of my ways to get you a good impression as i would want you to love me for who i am instead of something i won't be able to keep up forever. Because of all this how i react around you at first may not be that different compared to other girls that i do not care about so you might not even notice at all. However i am a very open person if i like you sooner or later ill just say it.

• Okay that's the sound of reason speaking but his actions has no reason at all! Read the comments I wrote to the previous answer and you'll know what I mean.

• You think this is more complicated than my thing? Puahahahaaha...

He doesn't like you, it's very obvious.

• Lol..yeah it's my bad! Cause your kitchen situation was so complicated to figure out!

• Lmao, my "kitchen"? Well it's a bit empty, get in it and make my god damn sammich

• Yeah some shy guys do this... they want to see if you get jealous. And, if you do then the guy knows you like him.

It's a way for him to KNOW you like him. Then once he is SURE you like him. He now can feel more comfortable making a move since now he knows you like him for sure.

• That's what I thought but the ones who do that should keep the possibility that this girl (that they like) might think he's friendzoning her and just get over him. To be honest he succeeded in making me kinda jealous but I'm having swcond thoughts if he likes me at all now since he isn't afraid of losing me.

• Well how else is he supposed to know you like him? He's shy, so that means he can't ask you. So what are his other options?

• True.
      Thanks for answering :)

• Yeah to make her jealous. I've noticed girls that like me will talk to other guys in front of me to make me jealous too and I just ignore them.

• Okay..since you do that I have to ask.why is all this easier for him than just talking to me saying he likes me.he already knows I really like him so can't be scared of rejection.

• Wow, how w!.. buthe must really like me cause he sometimes acts like a genuine a**hole! lol
      Thanks for answering :)

• Yep no problem.

What Girls Said 2

• Either call him out on playing high school boy games or get over him and move on with life. You don't need that kinda BS, no matter what age you are.

• yep, guys talk about girls among guys only, not in front of other girls.

• I'll try to keep reminding myself that.. thanks for answering :)

• if the guy is really shy he will never be so coragous to talk about other girls in front of the girl he likes