This girl is really confusing me?

So I've been talking to this girl since last Friday . She was a friend of my buddies and he told me she thought I was cute. So he hooked us up. We've texted everyday till late at night since then. He texting has changed though. The weekend we got hooked up there were tons of smileys and eclamation points. Now it lacks both. She doesn't send short messages they're always long and interesting. she's told me multiple times im cute and she's wanted to come up to me in the hall and say hi but she was too shy. I've made it very clear I like her. She asked me to walk her to class everyday after lunch and at the end of the day. she's always happy when I'm around. Whats confusing me is last night she brought up prom. He and her bf broke up 2 months ago and she said it sucks she's not going anymore. She asked if I was going and I said probably if I find a date;). She then said it shouldn't be hard for me I'm good looking and if I need any ideas of how to ask then ask her. Its really confusing. And my buddy asked her how me and her were doing and she told him I'm really cute super nice. But she wants to take things slow with me. What does that mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this probably won't answer the question you asked, but i hope it will help you out in another area. Obviously this is a website specifically for asking questions, but i think the one question that just can't be answered here is "what did jane doe mean when she said blah blah?" We can all give our insight, on what we think she means/feels/thinks/etc, but we could all be very, very wrong, and because of that, you dont want to take our word for something that is obviously a serious matter to you. The number one thing i would recommend even though i know its harder than it looks, is being more confident. Its the sexiest thing a man can be. Talk to her, in person, and look her dead in the eyes when y'all are speaking. Ask all the questions you want the answers to, and if you find out she doesn't feel that way about you, go start walking around town looking for the next girl you can't take your eyes off of. If she ends up not wanting you, then it shouldn't matter anyway because that means you werent right for each other.

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with the girls, she's probably scared because she just broke up with her boyfriend. So I think you should agree with taking things slow, but do ask her to go to the prom! :D
    She won't feel lonely and you'll have a chance to spend time with her. I also suggest you to ask her on a proper date, but nothing too complicated: let her relax and be confident! :)

• If she just got single 2 months ago maybe she doesn't want to rush in to a new relationship. Try talking to her :)

• She probably doesn't want to date you quite yet, but I'm sure she'd like to go to prom with you.

What Guys Said 1

• She's unsure of the relationship...probably because she just broke up. Ask her out to the prom.