Should I accept the friend request?

So I'm pretty sure my mum and one of her work friends are trying to set me up with the friend's brother. It was joked about ages ago and wasn't mentioned for ages, and then on Sunday (four days ago), he randomly sends me a friend request on Facebook. I wasn't sure what to do about, so I've left it since then. I'm not sure how I feel about being set up with someone like this. My friend reckons I should accept the request, but I'm really not sure what to do about it. I'm 21 and he's 26. What do people think I should do?

• Accept it
  • Don't accept it

Most Helpful Guy

• You will have to meet up this person face to face. This is only the way to know about his personality and behavior. Then after that decide it by yourself you wish to continue or not.
    Age is not that problem here. But meet up in person. Start a chat in Facebook. Let him initiate the chat. Then if you feel comfortable, meet him.
    what if he is mr right for you? Can't say isn't it? Well in india we call it as arranged marriages
    Looooooool!!!

What Guys Said 6

• Accepting a friend request is not accepting a marriage proposal. You can always unfriend them later. Also, just accepting it and not sending any messages but just looking at what he posts is a great way to get a feeling for what type of person they are, in an easy non-interactive kind of way.

It doesn't "mean" anything to be a friend on Facebook.

• there's nothing wrong with accelting friend request. It is where u take it from there. If u dont want to share photoes maybe u shouldn't upload it. If u deny friend it may seem u are snobbish.

Being set up or accepting friend request does not mean u are marrying them just be a friendly and kind person.

• well, if worse comes to worst, you can always turn him down. i think you should just talk to him, see what he's like. i dont really think he did it in the proper way, but hey, at least he thinks he wants to talk to you

• Don't accept don't let them set you up like that. go find your own man

• Accept it. Friend requests on FB are meaningless anyway.

• You waited 4 days. Can we assume he's not hot?

• Well, there wasn't many photos on his profile, so I can't really tell at all

• If it were me, I'd do it. I could always unfriend later hahaha :)

What Girls Said 2

• Accept. See what he's all about, nothing ventured - nothing gained.

• He might just want to be friendly and wants to get to know you. Doesn't hurt to add him