Online daters - How many different people did you go out with before one turned into a relationship?

Over the last year, I've gone on dates with 3 different guys I met online (also talked to a few that never made it to a real-life setting). No matter how well things seem to go on those first couple dates, it never seems to move on to anything more. I'm just wondering if other people whose lifestyles make online dating their primary way of meeting people are having this problem, too.

Most Helpful Girl

• In the last few years, I've gone out with probably close to 25 guys (mostly from OK Cupid). Most were just a couple of dates, some lasted a couple months, and couple that went on for somewhat longer. Eventually, everything just ends up fizzling out. The longest lasting relationship I've had post divorce was someone I met the old fashioned way, but that didn't last either, so back to online dating.

What Guys Said 5

• I have dated around and had the same problem with girls. Most would disappear although some made me say "run like hell!" in my head... mainly the ones on drugs.

I had one going well for a while that was pretty committed but she was very commitment obsessed which seemed "dedicated" at first to me but then crossed the line when she was getting mad at me for not seeing her as often as she wanted. She didn't have a car and the gas was destroying me so once she said she wasn't getting a car for two years because "she couldn't be bothered to get oil changes" it went very downhill as I thought the no car thing was only temporary.

The problem I notice is that a lot of girls out there will reply to me but when I suggest meeting up they stop replying. So I honestly haven't messaged anyone for months as I can't be bothered. My profile's up but it is pretty much just sitting there.

• I've never had any sort of relationship except purely sexual from online dating. And I was trying to get a real relationship, but the women I met, though their profiles and our conversations seemed to be rather honest and serious minded, only seemed to be interested in a sexual relationship in the end. Not that I'm complaining, but I did feel deceived a few times. And yes, I'm a dude.

If you're looking for something real, I suggest ditching the online world and going out to do activities with people.

• Honestly I am old fashioned I date out in the real world and I conduct myself according I mean you have no idea who the people are you are talking to online they could have fake photos or history all sorts of stuff. When you date in the real world there are no hidden faces or history its up front and its there for everyone to see so you know what you are getting into.

• Been on about 7 dates from online sites; nothing developed from any of them.

I think one problem with online dating is, when people meet someone and they aren't their perfect ideal, they go back to all the online strangers they haven't met yet, because, well, maybe one of them is perfect and why settle for less.

• It's just part of online dating. I'd say go phone/vidchat first.

What Girls Said 0