Communicating only via dating site app?

I have been dating this guy for a bit over 2 months. We met on a dating site texted for a month and decided to meet, we have been on four dates so far. As I said we met on a dating site app, but he hasn't asked for my number or added me on Facebook. For me it's not really a big deal, since the app is on my phone so it's the same as an SMS. I was just thinking if I should be worried? My girls friends says that it's weird that he hasn't asked me for my number.

Thank you very much for your answers! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my boyfriend on a dating site too. We used their instant messaging for about a month before exchanging phone numbers. But every couple is different. I was the one who suggested we text through our phones only because it was eating up my data plan. He was all for it. I think the only thing you need to worry about is if he does have a problem with exchanging info.

• Thank you very much :) I will try to ask him for his number then, glad to hear that it's normal. My girlfriends just freaked me out haha.

What Guys Said 3

• I agree. Seems like he doesn't want you to appear on his phone. Why don't you ask him for his number? If he gives it to you right away, then it's cool. If he says something like "I can't, it's a business phone", you'll know for sure he's full of bs and that he just doesn't want his girlfriend to know he's seeing someone else.

• I wouldn't be worried, If it works just like SMS for you, it probably works just like that for him. If you want to talk voice-to-voice, then say so.

If it's no big deal to you or him, everyone else's opinion is really just noise.

• I'd say that's prolly ok, I have a friend that has google phone just so when his dating site girls try to light him up all day he doesn't have to deal with it. Not sketch, just effective time management - plus when the crazy comes out he can just burn the number without having to get his wireless company involved and have all of his friends update their contact info...

What Girls Said 1

• Um..I don't know..not necessarily? It's hard to say when people rarely connect with phone numbers anymore. As long as you're still hanging out and dating, I wouldn't worry about it. If it gets to the point where you want to exchange numbers or add him on Facebook and he dodges it, then I'd be wary. You'll have to call each other eventually, anyway lol