Online dating, she deletes profile after suggesting we should meet.

Hi, I have an online dating profile on okcupid but I don't do much with it; I just see what comes to me. The other day though I saw the profile if an interesting girl and messaged her.

She seemed smart and science minded, so we talked about some of those questions that okc ask you and we talked about all the math or critical thinking questions that people get wrong because they don't know, don't care, or don't think hard enough. I even asked her a tough probability question and she got it right. Then we talked about other nerd stuff like crows, natures murder machine the cassowary, and video games and stuff. I'm being specific because I'm pretty sure she was a real person.

Then she said we should play a game together and I said we could do that. Then she said 'it's a date then". So I asked her when she available for that to happen. This was late so I didn't wait for a reply I went to bed. In the morning I found that she deleted her profile after reading my message.

I'm just really confused, as I don't really even enjoy any of my online interactions as much as I did our conversation. So I had high hopes when she wanted to actually get together. Is this a thing that happens a lot?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I couldn't take anyone seriously on that site. Guys would just magically disappear all of the time as well. Or they wouldn't message back. I find a lot of the people on that site largely UPDATEABLE. No offense. But I feel like that site is a step up from Craigslist. Meaning, its where all of the rejects go. And I say this because I saw people I went on terrible dates with on there. Guys who can't even hold a conversation in person, so they resort to online dating...of course OKcupid. Ugh...i could never be bothered With that world again.

What Girls Said 3

• The thing is maybe she was new to that site and didn't know what to expect, and when you suggested a date she got nervous. A lot of people think dating sites are bad because people just pretend to be someone their not. She could of realized online dating was not for her.

• Well she suggested we go out not me. And she was the one that called it a date. But maybe she did just get cold feet

• I think she wasn't expecting for someone to say okay lets go out and when it happened she didn't know how to handle her self and just deleted her profile thinking it would be easier and wouldn't have to deal with it

• she has been confused...or maybe it was just a flirt and a bit too early for a date...

• Maybe she was secretly fat and didn't want you to know? I stopped talking to a guy that I met online for that reason.

What Guys Said 3

• Have you stopped to consider the possibility "she" was actually a "he" pretending to be a she?

Then when you proposed the face-to-face meeting, he/she couldn't keep the charade up any longer and bolted.

• She said we should meet.

• she was messing with u

• Don't take it personally dude, she could have deleted it for numerous reasons. .