I want a boyfriend and it makes me feel desperate?

I would really like to have a boyfriend and it seriously makes me feel very desperate. I'm not lowering my standards, if I did, I'm sure I could find a boyfriend, but I want the right person and I can't find him anywhere but actively pursuing guys and looking for them makes me feel desperate. I have yet to find any guys to even go on a date with, but I have been looking. Should I just chill out and stop looking? Does looking for a guy make me desperate?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok to FEEL desperate but just know that it's not the end of the world. Keep pursuing guys if you want but be careful, the chances of success more often low than high. This is true for both sexes I think. Go about it in a girly way don't hit on every guy in the room. That makes you look like a player haha. Wait for one you like and then make your move feeling the waters as you go along.

That's all the advice I can think of.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm 27 and never been on a date, after a while it's not as big of a deal, you kind of just, think about other things that interest you. I don't even know if I am looking anymore.

• Without looking and dating how will you find the one your most comfortable being with

• If you don't lower your standards now, then in a few years you are going to be one of those really desperate women dropping hints about marriage on a first date, to some guy that isn't as good to the guys you are turning down now.

• Why should I lower my standards? That doesn't make sense. I want a guy who has a future, respects my beliefs, is kind, has a nice family, and a couple of other things. My standards aren't ridiculous, most of them aren't even about looks, they're pretty much about the person's future and how they act. I don't think I should lower my standards for a guy who has no plans for his future, etc. Lowering my standards, in my mind, wouldn't be smart at this point. I'd rather not just settle.

• You seem kind of rude. And I'm only 19 soo I don't think I'll have to worry about losing my looks and settling for a loser any time soon. I would rather do my own thing and be financially secure with my own job than be with a loser at any point. But thanks for your opinion.

• I am not trying to be rude. I just see women making the mistake of keeping their standards too high when they are young all the time. Then they end up settling for some guy that wasn't as good as the ones they turned down before.

What Girls Said 3

• The best things in life happen when we least expect them to. So quit looking and focus on you for a while.

• I think you should chill out and get to the point of having confortability in being SINGLE. Work on yourself, and cut the desperation. These types of things happen when least expected.

• Be independent. I'm perfectly happy being single. Its sooo much easier