If a guy asks a girl whether she has a boyfriend, does it always mean he's interested in her?

• yes
  • no
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• No not necessarily. When I'm asked that I take it as pure curiosity rather then interest.

• What would the guy has to do to let you know he's interested in you?

• Yeah I voted "no"

• Thanks for MH :)

What Girls Said 6

• I've asked guys why they ask and they tell me so that they know to when to stop being perverted. like they won't be as gross or make nasty jokes because they dont want to make me feel uncomfortable.
    some even said so they know not to hit on me one day bc feelings are bound to develop overtime.

• Most likely yes, it means that most of the time

• It depends, but I would think most likely. Although he could also be just being friendly so its not a guarantee

• In my experience, yes.

• Yeah, or he wants to know for a friend

• >he wants to know for a friend
      Sorry, I don't understand. Could you please paraphrase that?

• Nevermind. Now I understand your sentence. :)

• I wouldn't care about a guy's relationship status if I wasn't interested in him. Highly likely he's interested and trying to figure out if she's available.

What Guys Said 2

• not always. most of the time but not always.

• Of course he's interested that's the first thing I ask if I'm interested in a girl if she's single.