Girls do you like tall guys or even prefer them for real?

I think it's one of those things you hear quite often that women supposedly prefer tall men.

Well I am one of those I am 6'4 and have a very athletic build and I get the feeling women don't like tall men as much as men who are just a bit taller than themselves.

So a 5'4 girl would never go for me if she could get a 5'7 guy.

Am I right about this? It's how I've incresingly felt.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a girl who is about 5'11, so naturally I'm going to go after guys at least 6 foot or taller. But i know plenty of shorter girls that are interested in tall guys. My parent for example are a foot apart in height. My best friend is 5'2 and loves men over 6 foot. But while all of this may be true it comes down to the fact that there is a lot more to relationships than just the superficial fact of height. If you're interested in a girl, go for it, don't let the height difference stop you. Some girls might be uncomfortable with it, but if that's the case, move on and find a girl that isn't because trust me they are out there.

What Girls Said 22

• I'm 5'4. My boyfriend is 6'6. Your logic of someone my height not liking someone your height doesn't make any sense to me. My limit is 6'8. My uncle is that tall and I come up to his elbow. The taller the better. 7'0 would be too tall. Anything else is good.

• I generally am not sensitive about height, but I think a guy that's about 2-6 inches taller than I am is a good height. I don't want to have to stand on my tiptoes when hugging or kissing him, but when a guy is slightly taller, it is just a turn on for some reason. I guess it dates back to caveman times when men were protectors of women, and a slightly taller guy is more likely to be able to protect me than someone who is shorter. As for your height, I just think women can be a little intimidated by someone who is much taller, but I wouldn't worry about it. You'll find someone who adores your height. :)

I hope I helped!

• I'm a taller girl (about 5'11") so I naturally gravitate towards taller guys (6' or more), but it's not that I have anything against shorter guys. It's just easier to see eye to eye with someone that is taller. I feel like just because you have height doesn't make you attractive to women though, it's all about how you carry yourself, and you as a whole package. But height doesn't usually hurt your chances.

• Well, I have known some shorter girls who were disheartened that their love interest was way, way taller. It made them feel like a dwarf standing next to a human.

As someone who is 5'4", I would prefer a guy who is 6'0" or 5'8". 5'7" would be nice too.

• I like tall guys. They have to be at least 5'10 for me. I'm only 5'1 so I like having taller boyfriends.

• I am 6'1" so not too many guys are much taller than me. Most are around my height so that's what I would be going for.

• You are definitely wrong. I'm 5'4 and while height isn't so important to me that it determines who I would or would not date, when it comes to pure physical attraction I love guys who are 6'3 and over. Recently I met a guy who is 6'5 and I absolutely loved his height, it's just so eye-catching.

• I think it depends on how tall the male family members are in that girls family. Because I'm 5'3 but all my brothers and most of my cousins are over 6'0 And I only date guys 6'0. I hate guys close to my height. But girls who grew up around shorter guys are most likely attracted to shorter guys.

• Nope. I'm five foot 8, and I like me who are my height or a little bit taller. I find really tall men a bit intimidating

• I prefer taller guys but I'm 5'7" almost 5'8" and my entire family is at or above the 6' mark including my mom (my grandma excepted)...sooooo...

• I like and prefer tall men, yes.

• I love men so yes tall guys, medium height guys, as long as they are not shorter than like 5'5.

• I love big tall men...the taller the better.

• The thing is, there aren't many guys that are 6'0 or above for that matter. Girls do prefer taller guys, maybe look for taller girls?

• I'm 5'8", and i like guys to be around eye level. Too much taller is ehh

• i don't have a preference and i have found myself attracted to men shorter and taller than myself.

• As long as he's in shape I don't really care. I am 5'2" so I would prefer him to be tall enogh that I can wear heals. Too tall and things just get awkward ;).

• ohhhhh trust me I looove tall men…especially over 6'

• Tall guys can be very attractive but I don't prefer them. I'm ok with guys at any height.

• you're asking a generalized comment. i'm sure every girl has different preferences. but for me personally I prefer taller guys around 6ft.

• I like any stature but preferably high =)

• Well my boyfriend is 10in taller than me and I like him quite a bit. I wouldn't say that I prefer men of his height, so much as his height isn't much of a factor in what makes him attractive (I actually didn't realize how tall he was until he picked me up for our first date despite having known him for 2 months at that point).

What Guys Said 5

• I find that most of the women around me say height is a good thing especially the shortest ones. Sisters friends my lady etc.

• im 6'0 so id like to know too lol

• Lol 6'4ish is pretty common down in nakhodka:-p But yea pretty sure they do. Its just a number doe

• 6'4" is really tall I'm 6'1" and get decent attention from gals I'm sure girls 5'10 or around there would like you. girls want to be able to kiss a guy comfortably while standing lol.

• Just because you're tall, doesn't mean you just get free pussy lol

• Just because a girl is good looking doesn't mean she gets free dick. I've shut down good looking girls because they were too slutty.

• Thumbs up and good for you. I'll be sure to send a trophy your way