Why is he saying we don't look alike when we sort of do?

We've been dating for about 7 months now. I'm his first girlfriend. His little sister's annoying friend kept saying that I look like some girl named Dana (boyfriend's OLDER sister's best friend;they're 20) and saying he secretly liked her which he said he USED to like her. She said she was psycho lol. She would call me by her name and keep comparing but now stopped. I saw a picture and thought we do look similar. My boyfriend disagreed. I show a pic to my friend, sis, and dad also some other friends.

The answers were "You guys look a lot a like", "You're prettier" "From afar yes, upclose no" "You guys could pass as sisters". So I talked to boyfriend and sister about it and they BOTH were saying he never liked her and that her friend was just trying to break us up because she hates him. I can't get it out of my head. It's been months since i can't stop thinking about it. He doesn't talk about her nor accidentally call me by her name. I hear that she's loud and crazy

His older sister has been posting about them going to a gym (her and her 3 friends including dana). My boyfriend texted me but i was too lazy to reply back but he texted me again. I just asked him what's up and he said going to the gym with my bigsis
I asked him how it went and he said that he wasn't able to go because 1) he's only 17 and 2) he needs to be a member so his mom signed him up. I started asking him more questions. I asked him if he was going there to be around dana

Most Helpful Guy

• just ignore it.. you are making it far over-complicated

What Guys Said 5

• Honestly. What does it matter if there is a similarity in your looks?
    He's with you. He's said, as did the sister there was/is nothing between the two of them. They both said that the other chick is a trouble maker.

Let it go. Start enjoying your relationship. Or you'll drive yourself crazy and push him away.

• Just drop the situation. If you have to continue asking him the same question in multiple ways and you pretty much get the same answer, just drop the situation and move on. It's between you and him and let everybody else go, because it is both of your relationship, don't bring in another girl for him to possibly think about.

• You're overreacting. I don't see any problem from what you describe. He wants to be with you.

• Cause he doesn't want to relate some girl everyone says he likes to his girlfriend

• This is just indecipherable, and I want it out of the recent questions.

What Girls Said 3

• he probably just has a type... don't freak out.

• Some people do date someone because, they look like an ex or someone they use to like. Some do not realize it until someone points it out. Either way its creepy

• Honestly you keep asking this question. Just accept the fact that you look like her. Maybe you're prettier maybe you're not. Who cares?

• I can't stop thinking about it. Maybe he's some psycho who is obsessed with one girl lol. I don't know he said he only sees her as his older sisters best friend and that's all...

• I think you should take his word for it. He is your boyfriend. In a relationship you are supposed to have trust. If he hasn't given you a reason not to trust him before then you shouldn't doubt him. Also if you keep this up he may get irritated and think you are the obsessed one lol. And it is probably just a silly coincidence that you to look alike.