Okay, so personal question for the guys...about a girl with a past.?

If Im really jumpy and apologize too much because I came from an abusive relationship, will guys always find that as a no no. I've had one night stands and stuff, but no real relationships since then so I can't really tell. A lot of people talk about how they don't want left overs and that makes me really nervous that Im stuck alone and awkward

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of asses talk about how they don't want leftovers. Should this guy you're dating dump you because he doesn't like leftovers, he has done you a favor. You've then dodged a bullet. Or dodged an ass, however you prefer to look at it.

By the way, I'm sorry you have come from an abusive relationship. I sincerely hope you have sought out help for that. It could be very profitable to examine why you were in an abusive relationship and what you can do to obtain a healthy relationship.

My only concern about being with a woman coming from an abusive relationship would be that she might have psychological issues that weren't addressed and should be, not just for the sake of the relationship, but for the sake of the woman.

You take care now.

• Thank you, I've been in support groups so I'm working on it, I have just yet to be in a relationship since then... but Ill try thanks for the help

What Guys Said 8

• You don't have to talk about your past relationship. what does that have to do with the person you might run into today? So it certainly won't keep you from meeting someone. and all you need to say is that you would like to not talk about past relationships. he should respect that. I don't know any guys that is going to date, or not date, a woman based on some other mans relationship with her.

• i see i just don't want to lie to anyone, but I hope you're right, thank you so much :)

• You don't have to lie. Just tell him that because you had some bad experiences in past relationships you don't want to talk about yours. If you don't have a problem hearing about his then just say "but I am fine with you telling me things about your past if you like"...something like that. it shouldn't be an issue. and if it is, you probably don't want to have anything to do with that guy anyway.

• thank you so much :)

• Yes. Guys say that. They may even mean it. Just like woken say they're done with bad boys.

If you're attractive and a good partner the vast majority of guys will forget your past.

• thanks, I'm not sure if i fit both those, but ill try..

• Most guys don't think that way. The few that do aren't worth messing with anyway. The past is the past and as long as you are trying to improve yourself, that's all that matters.

• a past is the past it shouldn't make your future

• :/ past is the past. if they say they have no past they are probably lying.

• Guys are THAT judgmental

• i don't know I'm not trying to group everyone together, I just feel awkward about it

• I'm not sure;/

• I would never mention it. I don't really give a shit about whatever shit you've been through. We all have. Expecting your beau to help you "deal" is just selfish.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm an abuse survivor and that was one of my fears also. Give yourself time, heal. Find someone you can talk to about your past who will understand and comfort you. Feeling trust and safety is vital. I have a hard time with that as well and I'm still looking for a trustworthy and understanding person. You'll be okay.

• thanks :) Im glad you got through it

• I'm a girl. But fuck what anyone says. You were abused, not the abuser. What was done to you was wrong and any decent guy who is the type that will be there for you through thick and thin won't care, and that's the only guy you need.

• thanks :) its hard to think that way now but ill work on it and hopefully he's out there

• I promise he is :) don't settle for anything else