Had an affair - was it just a fling for him?

This man and I had an affair (we are both married). I moved out of state and we were talking/emailing all the time. One week before I was to come back for a visit, he started acting strange and when I saw him, he was obviously uncomfortable, yet still showed up at the places I was going to be. I am not sure if that meant he was just using me during our affair, or, is he too upset that I left town and just needed to cut me out of his life. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't even go there on why this would even be a question? I know, lets ask your husband if it was a fling. Shame shame. But, you want an answer. Yes. It was a fling because it was different from his wife. You left, he realized he loves her and is now done with the affair. You know I am a good person but, ask for a divorce before you hurt other people. Affairs hurt a lot of people and its really selfish. Stay away from him and focus on your own man. What if the tables were turned? If you are unhappy? Get a divorce before you commit that sin, and hurt his family. And, maybe he just felt guilty after you left and wants to move past it. Sorry if this was harsh but, its called an affair. For a reason.

What Guys Said 1

• If he's been keeping in touch then I doubt it was a one night thing. But I figure with everything else that's involved (marriage and whatnot) that some days would be more complicated than others. Plus, I reckon that most married folks hittin' the rocks kind of have hopeful days and unhopeful days. Might've caught him at a time that he was in a home fixin' mindset.

What Girls Said 1

• It is an affair you sleep with someone else and so does he.