How does plentyoffish.com compare to other paid online dating sites?

Plentyoffish. Com is free, but does it work? how does it compare to other dating sites that are not free?

Most Helpful Girl

• Pros-

Plenty of fish does have plenty of fish! Paid sites have less traffic. And other free sites aren't nearly as popular. You will talk to a lot of people, be turned down often, and this is good, you sift through the bad ones faster, and find the dateable ones faster. Bottom line, more dates.

A lot of young people.

I have had two relationships from the site, current relationship going strong.

I know other people who have sucessful relationships from the website.

FREE, therefore, you're not wasting your money if it doesn't work!

Cons-

Kind of like a bar. Kind of shallow, people are only looking for one thing. So you may have to work to get the wall down with some girls who are looking for dating/long term not just sex.

Some people take it less seriously, because it's free. They just join, kinda talk with people, never follow through, whatever.

You may find it TOO young, but there are always age preferances.

What Girls Said 8

• I Love Plenty Of Fish.

I've Made Some Really Good Friends And Met Some Pretty Cool People.

I'm Not All In For A Long Term Relationship THough So THat Might Have Something To Do With It.

I Really Like It Though.

It Doesn't Make Me Feel Like I'm On A Dating Site At All.

And I like That.

• I've tried it, and all of the men I've spoken to on there are nothing but scumbags and seemed to be only after sex. I read somewhere on the internet that if a man is unwilling to spend money on a personals website, he is either cheap or only after sex.

• I think on plentyoffish as opposed to other free dating sites like okcupid, you get a lot more messages. As a girl, I notice that guys are much more willing to message you first and are very willing to meet right away. You might go on two dates a week or more.

• That's how I met the love of my life!

• I have used plenty of fish for 4 years on and off. I have had a 2 year relationship and a 3 month relationship from the site which have not worked out due to other reasons and I have also made some good friends on there. It is one of the best free sites.

• I signed up for it but I don't know& I deleted it ... peoples ay things on there but don't come threw you get blow off a few times. but some might not. but you have nothing to loose by trying it.

• Dating sites are pretty equal in my opinion. I have found that all of my matches on one site are the same matches that I find on all of the others. I met my current boyfriend on an online dating site and he was registered on 2 of the sites I was on. Free is good, but it doesn't really affect the quality of your matches.

• from my experience it was horrible, people take it far less serious because you don't pay for it, I ended up deleting mine two weeks after I made it..i did match.com instead, and I met some pretty nice/normal people on it, my sister actaully met her fiance thru there, its worth paying for in the end

What Guys Said 10

• Probably depends on what market you live in, but the short answer (based solely on my own brief experience) is: meh.

• Online dating is horrible for guys. There are always at least a 10 to 1 ratio of men to women on all dating sites. Most female profiles are where some girl posted one time and never logged in again. You'll find yourself sending a lot of messages and getting no response because the women on the site that just happen to go back are responding to hundreds of men already. They don't have time to respond to your message due to all the time it's taking them to respond to the others.

• I had a few good dates out of it.

• Only depends on your area, and if enough people have created a profile. Is it truly free? Yep. Does it still suffer the same thing as all other dating sites? Yep. At least your not paying it out on your wallet.

• I was hesitant about it at first, but I gave it a shot. And I met a lot of people through it. It just depends on how you set up your profile and what you write in it. As long as you write your profile and someone can envision you in person based upon the description...you should get messages w/o even messaging ladies. They'll message you if they are interested enough. By no means stop messaging other ladies though.

• Plentyoffish. Com is way too complicated to navigate and underestimates the complicated nature of finding a "mate". This definitely lives up to the "free" standards, and I would recommend the other sites since they have a proven system to help you out.

• I have never used plentyoffish. Com, so aside from other peoples claims, I do not know how it works. I use a free dating site, but I use okcupid. Com. Okcupid is similar to sites like match. Com in the sense that it matches you with people with similar personalities and outlooks as yourself.

• Plentyoffish. Com may be free, but there are other free dating sites which have far larger customer bases, meaning that those other, free dating sites will offer you more options. Completely free large dating sites include okcupid, while other large dating sites allow for paid and unpaid members to coexist (eharmony, for example).

• Craigslist is where its at

• I don't know, I haven't used it but have heard about it. I would like to use it to find partners from opposite sex to maintain online relationship involving erotic chat etc. Moreover, may be someone to co-author some erotic fiction with me?

Will I be able to find any, girls what do you suggest?

Girls, why aren't you into this to help us poor guys out (who are only after s3x) ? :-(