Can I still find a girl being a foster dad to my niece and nephew?

My sister got jailed for insurance fraud last year and left her 5&6 year old kids behind.

At 23 I'm damn sure not ready to be a foster dad but all I knew after talking with the child safety people was that if they would allow them to stay with me I'd have to keep them.

I don't know how but they allowed them to stay with me.

They are my life now I had to put my school on hold to get a job at night and take care of them

It's the right thing to do but I get increasingly lonely and depressed since I feel like no woman will want me.

I get that I'm no catch, I have little time to date, money is tight and my family has this shade of my sister's criminal history over it.

Is there a way I could meet a nice girl? I don't want her to do anything for me and I want her to get something out of this too.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• There will be mature girls that will accept it wholeheartedly. You will have to look longer and more carefully. Hot little club type girls will probably be out..sorry. Good luck. You sound like a great guy if you are willing to take on 2 kids at your age!

• Honestly the kind of lady that would be attracted to his situation would be a lady worth having and he's better off without the ones that get scared away.

• Very true!

What Girls Said 4

• there is a chance. you are going to have to make some time for her, but you can definitely have a girlfriend and wife someday in your situation.

• Frankly, I would be much more concerned one of your relatives is in jail for whatever reason than you being a foster dad. The children are lucky they have you though.
    On another note, have you ever read one of those romance paperbacks? Do you know how popular foster dads are as characters? Just to show you shouldn't feel discouraged by it. Just have to find a nice girl.

• Girls are naturally attracted to providing care givers.It's in our DNA.Plus, you're very considerate and responsible for your own family.

• Simple answer: yes.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you'll be fine sir. There are plenty of women out there that like the idea of a good family man.