Girls: why would you have interest in a guy, but never text him first? is this a normal thing?

There's a girl that, unless I am COMPLETELY insane, definitely has interest in me... I've met her mother and am pretty forward about my interest, and she responds well! The thing is she RARELY texts me first, but when I do text her she responds immediately and we have great/fun/flirty conversations.

What's up with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• So sick of all of these texting, chase rules myself. I tried not to text my interest but I did because who cares? Im so sick of it all. If you like someone, text them. As girls, we are taught that boys like the chase, but honestly its so dumb. If she wants to play games tell her to grow up and find someone in kindergarden to play with.

• We need more girls like you. I hate when a girl makes us wait a day or two. I never do that with girls. I mean if I wanna talk, I'll talk and if she has to play games then I am done.

harder to find people that don't follow rules. There is a thing called doing what YOU feel is right and not having to follow stupid rules.

So I'm glad you can think for yourself.

• characterdeelaa.. thanks. But I think it also intimidates the crap out of a man when a girl is like me. haha oh well. next! ;)

What Girls Said 7

• I might be nervous around him, or don't want to scare him away. As I've heard that guys love "the chase", and if you make it too easy for them early on, they lose interest, not sure how true this is, but I don't want to take the risk!

• This exactly. We're always told it's about the chase, and if we're too nice/friendly early on, you guys lose interest...

• what if he had asked her out and she was interested but lost interest later on but he had always texted first except for like twice when she initiated. why wouldn't she text first then? she wouldn't be nervous i wasn't interested since i had asked her out right

• @helloyes it could be the other reason I mentioned. Sadly, a lot if girls are too frightened to initiate anything at all, even within a relationship, due to bad experiences with other guys, dropping the girl as soon as she shows initiation. I've personally experienced this before.

• If I like a guy a tend to text him. The next time I text him (in a different conversation) I wait a while because it seems like I am bugging him or annoying him

• Simply because a large proportion of us females are taught that if a guy is really interested he will do the "chase" and initiate everything. Therefore, some girls actually believe it.

• Girls will never text first! Unless she has an excuse. Trust me man

• Because she doesn't want to be too obvious or clingy. I personally would never text a guy first unless I need something from him etc. he could be on my mind all the time but I still wouldn't do it!

• By you texting first we know you're thinking of us. Even if you're always in our mind we probably won't text you first :)

• I limit my texting for fear of being a bother :P

• It's hard to follow your question. If it were me and I lost interest I would probably say it, but girls are tricky and evasive so she may be more subtle and just wait for him to catch on. Just because the barrier of being asked out was broken does not mean she wouldn't be nervous. If you weren't interested why did you ask her out?

• Some girls like being texted first because it shows that the guy is putting in the effort and is also thinking about her. Sometimes we can be totally crazy about a guy but really enjoy the act of being pursued so we would wait for the guy to text first. It's mind games we like to play :)

• But guys also need to know that the girls think about them

• No I don't think she's nervous I just think that since she lost interest she might have other things on her mind. Don't take this personally or anything but if she had lost interest she might not text first simply because you aren't at the top of her priority list.

What Guys Said 2

• I think if their interest level is through the roof, then girls will text first occasionally since they just can't help it. In most cases, probably not. I think girls like guys taking initiative, it shows confidence and that you're thinking of her. I think -how- she responds is most important in your situation, which seems pretty good. If she's responding with one to a few words per text though and clearly not putting much effort in, then I'd say she's not interested.

• Damn good question! I've had girls crazy about me but you think they would EVER text me? Hell no...