Guys: Do you believe you will ever have a girlfriend?

In my case, I never see it happening. I am 24, I am still in college, I live at home with my aunt and uncle, and I am broke. I just do not see it ever happening in my life. What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok dude. It's not your time yet. What you need is a full time career (after college) and a cool circle of friends (including girls). Circle of friends can be first obtained through work and then outside of work.

In the future, you will be able to meet girls at work, at parties with co-workers, hanging out with circle of friends, extra curricular activities such as small church groups and volunteering. Make the sure the girls is a quality girl.

Don't be like me. I am in college right now too and already had 9 serious girlfriends, all who weren't High Quality Girls. I got to have fun and a lot of sex but I'm still unhappy.

Not having a girlfriend right Now, isn't bad. Look at me, I've had a lot of girlfriends and remain unhappy. Hell, I'm unhappy with my current GF.

You will just need to build a life for yourself (after college) and the future will take care of itself. If you have a structured life with the right people around you, then you will meet someone.

Good luck after college bro!

• Thanks man. Sorry about what you have been through.

• Hmm. Use your buddies and older people you know who are in successful long term relationships (including married) as an example. Have you ever hung out with buddies and their girlfriends and see what they to women to charm them?

Bottom Line, Girls who see you as BF material expect you not to repeat the mistakes their Ex BF made. They will mention things their EX BF did wrong at the beginning of the relationship to set boundaries. So now you have a clue.

• This is what you need to do:
      1. Find common interests to talk about like movies, work gossip, cooking, hobbies, etc.
      2. Hang out with her alone or in a group setting so you have more things in common tho talk about.
      3. Flirt with her once she is comfortable with you and treats you like one of her good friends
      4. Do things with her that are common interests such as movies or bowling or drinking

***Most Important***
      5. A girlfriend is actually your new best friend. You are basically trying to find your new best friend.

What Girls Said 2

• As long as you have a good/sweet and strong personality and is at least TRYING to get your life all settled in then I and other women like me would be happy to be with someone like you. If someone is that picky as to not date you because you live your aunt and uncle (like spiderman) then she's probably not the one for you anyway. Just a reasonable and truthful explanation sorry it wasn't more in depth.

• Fix the broke thing first and then worry about the girl. Nothing is a bigger turnoff than a guy living with his parents (or Aunt) that doesn't have a perceived good future. As out of date as it sounds women want to see you as a provider, not an old child. It will happen, but seriously just get a part time job or something. Good luck!

• Looks like I will be single forever.

• How old are you bellegirl16?

• Too old to tell.

What Guys Said 14

• Iv had girlfriends before if you want one you just need to pull yourself together make yourself a plan and finally move on with your life. Like belle said the worst turnoff is guy who doesn't know what he wants and has no plan whats so ever. There is nothing wrong with a guy still living at home if he saving up for or planning his future out but if you are there for no reason at all then it starts giving off bad vibes.

I can also understand the situation that you are in as well as I am 21 and still live at home but I am staying on purpose because my family needs all the help it can get and the extra money I can help bring in. It also provides a good opportunity to save for college and take it while I have no bills to pay as it will also let me get some savings put away for when I graduate. Then I will be ready to go out on my own and I will be well off as well absolutely no shame in living at home if you are doing it for the right reasons.

I wish you the best of luck and don't worry you' get a girl one day.

• and don't ask that question if you ever will have a gf.

you are the one to decide your life. life is short, you have to go after the things you want. it is not going to fall on your lap.
    don't say you are broke, believe in yourself, do something even if its not the best plan but something.

girls like guys who have a target and believe they can do that. dont worry about failure. i believe you are a harmless person and will not do anything to hurt people. so that's good. just do your best in whatever you do. most girls prefer older man anyway, more mature and equipped. dont think u have to have a gf cuz everyone else have, it doesn't make them better than you.

if you have to focus on your career, do it now. you can start dating when you're 25- 27 when you are ready to have a F-word.

you know what's that F-WORD?

Answer: Family.
    most guys date without the intention of a family but just laying eggs around.

• Yeah, absolutely. I'm single now but I have no doubt I'll meet someone new when the time is right.

Just remember this: you're only 24! Seriously, you might feel like you're all old and everything, but in reality you're super young still. Give it time and keep working to improve your situation. It'll work out.

• I am trying to improve it now by trying to get a degree and start a career. It seems so hard though..

• I should get myself together first. I can't afford to have a girlfriend now.

• Haha! Well yeah, probably not. It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, which is admirable. Good things come to people who work for them, and like I said it sounds like you have a plan and you're putting it into action. Keep doing that and good things will happen to you.

• Yeah not really. I agree. I just dont seem to attract people to me. But I'm not ready for lifeyet anyways. i still need a course before I am even capable and comfortable to embark on a career.

And besides I have always had to hide from people and shut myself in. An then I really started to get into activities that loners could do. And now I don't really seek people out anymore.

If I wasn't attaching people when I was young, I'm definitely not doing better nowadays. I don't think I care much anymore, if I need to satisfy an urge there's the interne. If I'm curious, there's books and the internet.

If I get a job out of what I am going to study , I know that most if not all the stores/locations have mainly male employees, so I don't get a girlfriend there. And I hate the city I love in and I think that the job I may quality for s going to have more opportunity is in the city. So I am jut going to hate my surroundngs and be oblivious to any attention I may receive.

• It hasn't happened for me in almost 30 years now. So I'm going with no.

• I'm 21, ordinarily looking, $, I believe I can get a gf although now i get rejected a few times, its okay. Believe in yourself!

• Same here.

• No sadly,

I plan on joining the military and I don't think it works if I do happen to find a women. Even if I don't join the army I just, I hate that feeling when women gets close with me. You know?

I think I would make a great partner though, But some reason I am not a fan of the whole, Connection/Bond you make with someone.

• So you just want sex from women?

I'm not judging, just trying to understand what you exactly want

• No, Not even sex. Lol. I have respect for women.

• Question is how u going to change it.. ?

• I am in the process of doing that.

• tats the way to look at life.. dagg..:D

• I don't believe that I will never ever have a girlfriend. It takes time for relationship to grow to a intimate relationship. To me I am single and always single, just have to wait til I met the girl in my life ya know.

• Not every relationship takes time. I had instant chemistry and physical attraction to this one girl and she had the same.

• I don't believe in love at first sight. I have to get to know the woman before dating her.

• I'm same situation. Two days till twenty four. In college living with my parents. No concrete plans for after college rejected from grad school. I don't want a girlfriend until I feel more established probably in five years.

• That's a mentality I used to have too...you have to understand that your situation doesn't have to be perfect to date!

Girls aren't perfect either!

• Hm that's true I guess. I'm used to being single but wutevs

• Same here. I am just used to being on my own.

• I know I will

• No, I don't think so.

I did about 3 years ago, but I just don't have the patience for their BS anymore ("Well I'm a girl so ______). I think the relationships part of my life is over and that's cool. Right now I'm working on my skills to just get girls for one night. I don't need them after that anymore.

• Nope girls are just too much baggage. They have emotions and needs and I can't handle that. I think I'm going to be single for life. Oh well.

• Same here. I think being single will keep me ouy of trouble.