Would you date someone who has the same last name as you?

(S) he is really nice and you have a crush on him or her, and later this fact turns out. And assuming that your last name is not frequent.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• yepyep. i mean its a bit weird and all. but i like that i won't have to worry about changing my last name. i wanted to keep it anyways.

• Both my father and my mother have the same uncommon last name. Apparently they might have a common ancestor 200 years ago, but that's all.

• Maybe. First I would have to do research and make sure we weren't related. I've never met anyone with my last name. I've met people with my last name as their first name, though.

• well i'd be shocked to meet someone with the same last name. once i get over the shock i'd be ok with it.

• My last name is common among Italians so I guess. However, I wouldn't date a guy that had the same first name as me like Taylor swift.

• I don't think I would. Knowing my dads family they will make fun of me forever! Plus when I met a guy the first thing i tell him is his name and his last. So if he has my last I'll keep it as friends and act like his my brother or something lol

• Ha, this will never happen in a million years, because I don't have a last name! haha!

• so how do people find you in the phone book? :P

• Sorry, never mind that comment, i was late already. Aphrodite is a goddess and she has no familyname like that.

• Neither do famous people. Like Madonna, lol Just explains how fabulous I am haha!

• Nah my family would crack wayyyy too many jokes about it.

• We'd have to make sure we weren't related first.

• I would be worried we are related!

• Never! Relation fear!! Esp if it's not common

What Guys Said 7

• If she would have the same last name as me, would mean that she would be a relative of mine, due to the fact that my family name is protected by the law. So no, I definitely wouldn't date her.

• Well, the first thing we'd do upon finding this out is look back at our family tree. From what I understand, anything beyond 4th cousins isn't considered incestuous.

• Probably not for sake of not accidentally dating one of my relatives.

• Sure, but you'd be just asking for a TON of jokes and comments from family/friends/strangers.

• I'm reminded of Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner. They'd both be Taylor Lautner.

• that would be really weird, but if i like her then i like her

• I wouldn't know, I'm not listed in the phone book.

• I came from a culture where last names aren't that important. You can have a last name, you can also not have one. People would still know who's son or daughter you are.

• Well my name is too rare and I am sure I would be related to her and not so distant either. I would not no.