Do guys usually go for girls that are less attractive Than them selves?

If they do Is it the fear of rejection that drives this behavior? Do guys ever go for girls that are obviously more attractive than them or equal?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a guy would be up to give any girl a chance, regardless of how pretty, but we often only give the pretty ones one refusal, we don't usually show interest in them once they have expressed disinterest, x

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think that's usually the case. Guys are attracted to someone who they find attractive, simple as that. To say whether they're less attractive than themselves is too subjective a question. For instance, I feel the girl I'm dating is incredible beautiful. Not that I'm a monster, but it's humbling to think she'd be attracted to me. So I think she's MORE attractive than I am, but others may disagree. Make sense?

• I am not sure that there are any girls equivalently less attractive. But yes, if I see a group of girls I would always approach the one I find least attractive of the group.

• most guys idiotically
    go for girls way out of their league but some go for lesser..

• Given how unattractive I rate myself, I pretty much only go for girls more attractive than I consider myself.

• I'm the best looking guy in my classes but still I have the illusion i'm still the spotty teenage I used to be. This girl asked me out who was of average attraction and now I guess all the other girls are jealous lkollll

• I have no understanding of how attractive I actually am so I wouldn't know how to pull this off. Do people know how attractive they are?

• I hate when my friends do this. It confuses me. I can only assume they have lower standards and actually think the girl is hot.

• I think it is the fear of rejection

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on the guy , some guys even if they are less attractive than a girl they go after her either because they are confident enough or because they like the girl enough to make the first move. And some guys are insecure and won't even show any signs of attraction towards the girl they like if she's way more attractive , but they might make a move with the girl's help , because in this case she must give him hints and flirt a little to boost his confidence.

• Most guys go for more attractive than themselves and if they fail enough times, they will settle for less attractive.

• Most guys go for better looking women, not worse than them.