To those of you that commonly date out of your race, what have your experiences been like and do you have any tips/advice?

I'm single and plan on being this way for a while, but I have this feeling that "interracial dating" is something I'll be a part of at some point in my life. Not because of any weird fetish but just due to what I've found to be attractive.

What have your experiences been like?

Most Helpful Guy

• From experience.. it not about race, its about the culture. If you are culturally similar its easy.. cultural differences are a killer though. I only ever date interacially... but I dont find white girls attractive

• Is that due to having large cultural differences or are you just not attracted physically?

• Wow well that's interesting! Sometimes we find that our different "needs" get fufilled outside of our cultural norms.

• Oh yes they can do and the more obvious ones are east to contend with... its more the subtle ones the little opinions on what is normal x

What Guys Said 2

• its an intresting advantage for boosting our individuality by shedding every ego or malice associated with your perception about other races and thereby reaching a conclusion that whatever race, nations it may be , we all are one single human race..

PS : :P

• I totally agree! Surprisingly I read a quote a few days ago by a rapper... I've forgotten his name... Actually wait. Let me do a Google search. Yeah his name is ASAP Rocky.

Any who, the quote said "Everyone should date out of their race so that by the time the next generation begins racism should have ended."

PS- Hey! You should message me sometime. Or we can just randomly do this :P

• so get ready.. A spaceship is headed to you..
      ( dont forget to bring your luggage)

• My experience has been that we were too different culture wise, we had little in common.

What Girls Said 5

• I agree with Damondino.

It has more to do with culture, rather than race. For example, I can't connect with an African guy. Well, only to a certain level. But I can connect with an African - American . Even though there are still cultural differences (I'm Asian ), I can understand the general western culture better than the African .

Whether you connect with someone or not, has more to do with your cultures instead of skin color or facial features. Habits and upbringing and how mentality plays a bigger role here.

• It's nothing to make a big deal out of. You either like the person and want to date them because of your feelings toward them and color be it white, black, yellow, red, green, purple or pink should have very little to nothing to do with it. Only if there is huge cultural or religious difference should you proceed with caution.

• Its something that is really natural to me I'm a Hispanic girl that has dated 6 white guys , 1 Latino and 1 Asian

• i'm eurasian so i'd have to go out of my way to date outside my races and i'm not even sure if i have or not

• Like others have said, it's not about race or skin color, but culture and upbringing could make a difference. I'm Asian - American , but grew up in a very white suburb and so most of the people I know are white. I've only dated white guys, but I would date any other race too. But if there are major cultural differences, like different ways of thinking from being brought up in a different country, that would be kinda hard to work with.