Should I ask a girl to prom that I barely even know?

I am extremely unlucky. I have asked 3 girls out to prom so far, 2 who I know really well from other schools, 1 who goes to my school. The 2 said yes but canceled because one hasn't seen me in a while and the other scheduled a college visit (the college visit one would actually go). The other one at school just said no just like that. All of my friends are going with a girl and I have nobody. There is a girl I sort of want to ask who I talk to only a very tiny bit and whose number I dont have. Only problem is she is a very popular sophmore (Im a junior and not so popular) but I do have a popular sophmore friend who is friends with her.

Is it worth asking her to prom even though I have never talked to her out of class, dont have her #, and am not on the same social status as her or should I just not go to prom because there is nobody else that I can think of asking?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Just ask her, yes. You could say something like "hey, want to go to prom with me? I really want to get to know you better and I thought this might be a good way to do so" :)

• yeah :) really what I remember from prom was a bunch of random people going together and having fun. Its a good way to get to know her :)

• i would like to be some cute boy's prom date

What Guys Said 2

• Don't let your friends hold you back. They may be insecure and think they aren't good enough. Doesn't mean you have to. If she is not intersted she will say. That's no biggie. Anyone takes the piss, you can tell them you don't care and at least you were man enough to ask. End of the day you may gain something. If you don't, you've not missed out on something anyway. Just be yourself! :)

• ok thank you may be awkward for her before the prom at my friends house but it will be ok if I believe that it will be ok.

• Even if it goes embarrassingly wrong, people will get over it. You never know, no one might have asked her yet, so that would surely be a good thing? Like I said just be yourself :)

• Haha... just do it dude. Just fucking ask her. I'm rooting for you man.

Don't ever second guess yourself.

• I really want to but my friends dont approve because they think she is too cool for them too lol

• If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?

This is about you wanting to ask this girl to the dance. Nothing else matters.