I like a girl much younger than me, is it bad?

I have never dated a younger girl seriously before and typically don't get along with them or find anything in common with them either. I tend to get along with women 30-50 years old. Now I find myself liking a 17 year old, and feel conflicted about it. It is legal in Canada , but I still feel strange, yet can't help but pursue her. She told me she is really into me too. She is definitely mature for her age, and she has been through a lot so she has more perspective than a typical 17yr old. What are your opinions?

• Gross, that is morally wrong.
  • Ok, just be careful with her
  • Age is just a number, who cares?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely B... Yeah she's younger than you but like you said she's mature for her age.

Dating someone under 18 isn't illegal having sex is so just avoid that.

Oh and really its up to her to make the decision but does her parents know about you? If they do are they okay with it?

• It is legal in Canada to have sex with anyone you choose once you are 16. And I am not sure whether her parents know yet or not. I will ask her next time I see her.

• Ah, I see! thanks. Lol I just like to hear other people's opinion, it is not likely I would change my mind based on what anyone says here, just curious is all.

• Oh, I completely understand I'm the same way. Lol

And thanks for selecting my opion as MH I'm always glad to help =)

What Girls Said 11

• If you really like her, there's only so much you can do to stop it. 24 and 17 aren't a huge difference, and being that its legal where you're from, there's no shame in pursuing her. However, if its so creepy teen sex fetish thing you're just now discovering then that's a different story...

• That's not too far off from being 'young' away where you are.

I vote C. Age is just a number if you are both emotionally compatible. As long as she doesn't say cliche things, teens would say "haha, awesome, um i don't know?, so like, what are you like doing today, you are so amazing".

• Lol! Yeah if she was the typical 17 year old, I would be more fit to babysit her than date, for sure!

• Lol, no I do care what people think... I meant I didn't care how old I look. Sorry. No, you are totally right. Thanks!

• People in general like the truth to be fitting to their beliefs. lol. You gotta bend the 'truth' abit sometimes. I've done it a lot in my life to avoid more rudeness and stupid childish reactions.

• I like a guy that is nearly 10 years older and I'm a little older than 17. I'm very mature for my age and have also been through more than the stereotyped teen. If this guy went for me, I'd be so happy!
    Go for her man! Just don't have sex till she's 18.

• Why no sex until she is 18? She has already had multiple partners, some older than me...

• Oh wait it's legal in Canada . Nevermind lol

• Haha ok :)

• Yep, sounds pedofil-ish to me too...

• As long as you're both 18 and over you can do anything you want with each other, but if she's under 18, you need to be very careful.

• If its legal and you really care for her, don't feel bad. The oldest you could be is 24 which is really not that bad a gap. :)

• I couldn't imagine dating someone with that much age discrepancy. Just because if I say I like a band from the 90s, he's going to be like, "who's that?" I couldn't deal with it.

• Haha, I totally hear you! But, hardly anyone knows the bands I listen to anyway, because I am THAT hipster.

• How old are you?

• how old are u?

• Its not a bad thing it just seems more common these days for men to date older women or to be attracted to older women

• I am dating a guy 10 years older than me. Some people see that as gross, but if we are both mature individuals and like each other, I think it is fine. Your age gap does not seem that big. The only problem is that she might still be in high school. If you like her go for it and if she likes you too. Don't let age set you back. You can wait ten years to date her and the age difference will still be the same, so why not go for it now?

What Guys Said 7

• It's been studied rigorously and even couples that are 30 years apart do just as well as couples that are the same age. Age is truly just a number, so as long as she's a consenting adult go for it.

• Do everything within the letter of the law, and the rest just enjoy! If you guys are a good match for each other then the age thing is irrelevant.

• Seems kinda pedifil-ish to me

• That's the conflict I am feeling :|!!!

• I mean.. I've seen bigger age gaps on here so i think you'll be fine, just dont get into trouble with the law bud

• It is legal where I am from.

• Smash it with the force of 1000 suns.

• Nothing the space just gets smaller.

• its illegal for me to fuck a 16 year old. im 25

• Ya, but it wouldn't be in Canada . Anyway that wasn't the point of the question. I wasn't asking about you, lol.

• im making a point. just remember, age is a factor when it comes to legal stuff

• True, but it is legal where I am from...

• your only talking 7 years age difference that really isn't to uncommon. where your problem is if you are worried about other peoples opinions older women will talk down to you since she is their competition. if she had been 32 and you 39 you wouldn't worry about age difference. if she is mature enough to know what she wants (many older women don't know that) and the two of you are happy go for it