Girls: Would you ever date a guy for his money?

Doesn't need to be a serious relationship. Just going out with him to get the perks of being rich for free.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I personally have an issue with this. I am not a prostitute being paid for services rendered. I hate it when anyone thinks they can just buy a person. That rather then having an actual conversation you can purchase intimacy. Admittedly i am high maintenance, but i maintain myself, i do not want or need a guy to do that for me. If i like someone, i like someone. And if i don't no amount of dinners or flowers will change that. But opening the door for me, doing something you might not enjoy because you know that i will, things like that i would appreciate. So no i wouldn't date a guy for his money.

• Excellent answer. But sometimes circumstances make some girls desperate or leave them with no other choice.

• It's really my own issue, i would never judge someone else for seeking that kind of security, and i know that in some cultures it's the norm, in some circumstances necessary. I just personally don't like being treated that way, for me it's indicative of a guy that doesn't really care about me or who i am.

What Guys Said 9

• "Would you ever" per definition should get you a majority of women answering this question positively, however, no one wants to admit to being a "gold digger".

I think a lot of women "ever" would but they don't consider it a "money thing".

So many women I've heard asking for a guy who "likes to go do fun things", "wants to go travel", "takes good care of himself", "has time for me", "is generous"... That all sounds very innocent and easy to them, but look at it this way: they are in fact describing play boys!
    I honestly don't think they care about the amount of money he has in the bank, they just want to be able to go out and do nice things together, however, that costs money!

Being comfortable might cause a girl to hang on to a guy longer than she would have a poorer guy who is "always working", "doesn't take me out" and "always wears the same clothes"... Which essentially boils down to dating a guy for his money.

We are all only human though... Guys "all want a hot girlfriend"... Just as sad, really.

• I agree with you. Girls want attention and want to be spoilt buy a guy.

• You know what's funny about these questions? A lot of guys would call a girl shallow for being a gold digger, but many would forget that guys with money would often go for trophy wives, women who have all looks, but no soul. Isn't that equally shallow?

I love making observations like these.

• Yeah true. Many rich guys like to be seen with the most socially accepted "gorgeous women". It is like they are adding her to their car collections.

• It's why I'm a hermit and don't talk to people. People suck.

• That is why its good to use people if they deserve it. Instead of being a hermit you can help yourself by using them to your advantage.

• There are many woman who delude themselves into thinking they wouldn't do it.
    There are more subtle ways to say this than "must have high economic status". Like "must have ambition" or "be successful".
    Standards like "must not live with his parents" or "must have a nice car" are proof of this, when these things are hard for a young man in his 20's.
    The guy who works for a minimum wage suddenly isn't so "lucky" with the ladies.

• That is true. One way or the other many girls are being shallow anyways.

• I know you want the females to answer this but I'm a guy and ill just say as long as you are honest about your intension then the guy can't complain he either goes with it or he doesn't just be upfront about it so he knows what to do from there.

• I totally agree with you. This way both sides won't get hurt.

• This is why I would pick girls up in the Pinto for the first month 🚘

• Millions of girls have done it. Some Girls date guys for money and guys date such money minded girls for sex. It is win win situation for both sides. But sometimes , it costs too much for some people.

• Damn those girls are getting money and sex.

• Lol! But sex is quite heavenly for man for having sexual relationship with woman. Sex is valuable for men and it makes so many people feel nice to score a chick. For men sex cost nothing in bad terms if you see. But for women, if played with her feelings it's lije using them.
      But thankfully , there are still many people who are jist not together for sex but for love and emotional attachment.

• Not all women get attached. Especially if she is not into the guy she is dating.

• Most women I know would not date a guy -for- his money. They need to like his company and find him attractive.

Most women I know, over 23, find guys with more money more attractive.

Most women I know find a lot of expensive things to be 'romantic'.

Most women I know will put on a serious face and say that they -would- date a guy who earned less then them, as long as he was ambitious and hard working.

• Hmm lets see. Do you have s7 BMW Sedan? If so maybe Ill consider dating you.

• I should also ask guys would you date a girl for her money?

• Or you can ask your dad for money to open
      Your own business. This way it would be the last time you ask maybe.

• What? Wth would I do?-_- No thanks. Earn for me

• This is one of those subjects about which women are usually not honest, but we all know the real answer. You can't change human nature. It's genetic.

• And by the way, there's nothing wrong with it either. The only problem I see is the dishonesty about it.

• u know everything dont u

• Not everything, but a lot.

What Girls Said 22

• Nope. I'm not shallow, plus I hate using people like that. I get super stressed out when I owe someone money, even if it's just a couple of euros.

• True. It makes me feel guilty too. But some people deserve it.

• Yeah. I'm "friends" with this one girl who keeps borrowing money from everyone and she never pays back, unless you nag her about it like a million times (and she'll actually get pissed off at you for nagging too... like wtf it's my money). So the few times I borrowed money from her I didn't feel guilty if I didn't pay her back, because she kinda deserves it since she treats everyone else like that.

• No. I like to say that I really like someone when I go out with them, and I wouldn't want them to buy me presents every time we went on a date. Flowers are nice every few weeks or months, but I would want to treat the guy as well!

• Yeah. If he was very rich you wouldn't know what to get him.

• Maybe but I know that I'm always bothered when someone pay more things than me. I would probably not feel at ease at all.

• Only if I really like the guy himself, not just because he's rich. If he's rich but also a jerk or very mean, then no way.

• No. What I want, money wouldn't be able to buy anyways.

• Money is attractive if it projects his competence. I'm attracted to competent men. Being powerful also reflects on the way a man sees himself. If he is a person who sees his sense of purpose in life in earning a lot of money, (some men do) then that will make him more confident, happy, therefore a better partner.
    Money can show these good things about him, so if he also had other traits I seek, like kindness, integrity and smarts, of course I'd date him.
    But then again, that wouldn't be FOR his money, money would be a contributing factor.

If I disliked his bad character, or didn't find him attractive for whatever reason regardless of money, I'd refuse.
    And if he didn't earn his money, or if it was his burden instead of his happy accomplishment, his ruin instead of his growth, it wouldn't be a contributing factor in considering him as a boyfriend. I'd even refuse him for that, if his money corrupted him somehow.

• Never. Fot some strange reason I actually seem to always end up with the guys who are struggling to even get by. Maybe its a coincidence. But many of the rich guys I have known are very stuck up and its kinda a turn off.

• Yeah they can be very stuck up. And its vulgar when they flaunt what they have.

• Guys who work hard at what they do versus being handed everything from mommy and daddy is so much more attractive.

• Yeah it is. But it depends on the guy's personality.
      I know guys that worked hard and became very rich. They tend to flaunt it more because they want to show people that they are rich now. It gets to their head and they become different people.

• no never i would feel disgusted with myself! I can make my own money and treat myself i dont need anyones help.

• True. But not all people can make their own money.

• living in a western world brings you a lot of opportunities so i dont understand how someone can not make their own money?

• Well in many countries like my own there are few opportunities and lots of injustice especially towards women.
      In such countries it is not about how hard you work or how talented you are. It is all about the title you were born with and the political connections you make.A person that does illegal stuff gets ahead in such societies.

• The perks wouldn't for free. I'd be handing over my dignity and self-worth. However, I can understand others in more unfortunate circumstances do it. If I were really desperate and had no other way out, yes. But I would make sure that the guy knew of my intentions.

• I can say from experience that I wouldn't. I've had the opportunity a few times, but in the end, I just can't date a guy I don't actually like. Not even with money as an incentive. But honestly, being rich is a nice thing, so it would give a guy an edge over the others. He just has to have an attractive personality as well.

• And why would he want a nice personality when he can get what he wants? Js

• Well poor guys suck

• Why do they suck?

• No. I'm not a gold digger, I can work and make my own money which is what I prefer to do.

All the rich guys I've ever known are stuck up assholes. I don't want to go out with a guy who only cares about himself and his bank account.

• You are absolutely right. But, what if you couldn't make your own money? And you really needed to live and have money?

• Damn so if I get rich I'll turn into an asshole :(

• Noooo not all guys, just the ones I knew in school. It could have just been because they didn't get to go to private school so they felt the need to flash their cash in front of everyone else.

• Yes.I think that if everything was normal and I mean he didn't hit me and really liked and cared for me...I think I would.I don't try finding men with money (like a gold digger) but just being honest If i wasn't into someone else and he showed interest I would give him a chance...

• no, maybe i would date a guy even if he had not so much money if i liked him... but a rich guy is always a rich guy... but he can be rich in terms of his bank account and poor in personality... which is not interesting

• It certainly would help, it's. Plus, it that's all it is, it's. It the main be all and end all most rich guys are jerks and have awful attitudes. I'd prefer for them to not tell me they were rich and just get to like them or not like them first. Then find out. I wouldn't regret dumping a guy then finding out he was actually a secret millionaire later on. If i didn't like him, I wouldn't care. No money can buy that "feeling" with a guy :)

• Yeah and I actually hate it when people flaunt their money and possessions around. It makes me feel like he would do the same with me.

• Nope I don't and won't take advantage of the guy

• What if the guy wasn't nice and he takes advantage of people?

• if he isn't nice, i wouldn't date him at all.

• Nope not even.

If I loved him for who he was and then I found out he was rich, you could consider that a bonus but I would HATE if he kept trying to show off or "spoil me" I would like to be able to work for what I want too.

• No.
    I can make my own money, I don't need to date a man to get money, haha!
    I date who I WANT to be with, not who has the most.

• No... I have low tolerance for spending time with people I dont enjoy and detest kissing or sex without attraction.

Money won't change either of those realities.

• No i would never do that, what the hell, that would show how low and stupid u r

• It is better not to judge.

• Yeah you are right. You are free to have your own opinion.

• :) ,,

• no cause material things do not make me happy. how i wish it can make me happy.

• I would not date a guy JUST from his money but if I was attracted enough to sleep with him and I enjoyed his company than I would pick him over a guy who was not wealthy. I think that more girls would do it than we like to admit.

• I totally agree with you.Why not...
      Unless if I was really inlove with a poorer guy..

• "In love"

• Yes, in my country Kuwait everyone do, the most of women here marry the men for their money not for their personality (arranged/planned marriage), And when the poor man is out of money bye honey...

• It can be the same in my country too.