Was she just being nice or truthful?

Okay so me and this girl have been talking.. At least I thought we were talking so we were at a point were I needed to know where we stood so I asked her if we were just friends or if we were talking or what. She said that "as of right now I think we should just be friends, I'm not ready for a relationship right now". So I was just like oh okay well thanks for telling me.. She said "why what do you want to be" and I just told her straight up I thought we had something. She then said "I mean we could have something in the future". So is she just being nice and letting me down easy or is she trying to tell me to stick around and see what happens?

I feel like she does like me but truthfully isn't wanting anything right now I don't know I'm still taking her to prom maybe she'll be ready by then

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm... this is tricky. Women love to use excuses. It sounds like she was letting you down easy, however when she asked you what you wanted, that gives me pause. There is no telling what we women want some times and let me personally apologize for all the mind games we put you guys through! LOL. Moving on...if she really liked you, I feel like she wouldn't hesitate to start a relationship with you. I can understand she may not want a relationship for many reasons, such as her studies, family etc. You never know. I say for right now just move on and keep yourself available to other ladies, maybe she'll come around. I have "crushes" but I told myself that I did not want to date, because Im focusing on my goals right now in life. She may feel the same thing. She may not be ready to take on another person's priorities/wants/needs. But good job on putting all the cards on the table with this situation, if anything she should totally respect the fact that you didn't beat around the bush and decided to talk to her about a possible relationship. Hope this helps! :)

What Girls Said 3

• I think she's got you as her back-up. I would never say there's a possibility of something happening in the future with a guy if I didn't like him at all. I reckon she's interested in someone else but wants to have her cake and eat it.

• She could be nice AND truthful. Maybe she is comfortable with you two as you are and doesn't want to ruin that. Unfortunately, the odds are against you too living happily ever after. But that doesn't mean that you can't ask her to prom and hold her close for a few slow dances. If she agrees to go to prom with you it implies that she is invested in you enough not to have another guy she wants to ask her. Take it at her pace, let her know you're there for her, and have fun at prom!

• I think she's letting you down in a nice way

What Guys Said 1