Is it bad when txting if a girl puts a (: And a guy replies and he dosent put one back? Guys Girls welcome.

I'm wondering do all guys use emoticons? While texting and how good or bad is it if. A girl sends you a message
Ex that's great (:
Replied: ok thanks !
He won't put one back

Most Helpful Guy

• It might depend on each person. Some peeps normally writes smileys, and when he doesn't, then it means something wrong.

Others simply doesn't give a sh*t about smileys and ignores them anyway.

What Guys Said 7

• Texting may it be a mobile phone or email or even writing here on GAG is a very impersonal way of communication where no one can really sense with what intent / emotion the other person means things which is why we use smileys.

I always use smileys even out here. A smiley changes the whole perception of the same statement to friendly from unfriendly if it sans the smiley. I'd even posted a question before the new GAG was launched on if GAG should have smileys.

However, when texting there are times when we unwittingly don't put a smiley cause we are indisposed or something's on our mind etc (by 'we' I mean humans i.e. both guys & girls). An one off situation where a smiley wasn't reverted by a smiley begs to ask the sender regarding the same and not jump to conclusions :)

There are times I send one smiley for a smile one for a hug & one for a kiss on a good news to my gf & she waits and then pounces after a few hours or days about how all her friends went off with 'ahhhhs' and 'ooohs' and dancing / party smileys while I just sent a 'drab' smile, kiss & hug lol (I'm a poker faced guy with a serious demeanor who displays his emotions more physically & I don't have the time for lengthy texts - she knows that) - just an example :D

• Guys shouldn't be expected to use emoticons; they're more for chicks. It's worse if the guy uses emoticons in almost all of his texts.

• I feel that emoticons if used too frequently by a guy seem kinda queer to be honest

• You are over-thinking it.

• can't really tell based on text messaging. :) can be good when its not

• I dont even know how too make that sign

• I use smileys in my text (: :D an when they disappear girls always know that im not happy and ask whats wrong. Sometimes i use emojis too 😁😳😜😂😭 but some guys just dont, you truly have to ask him, just ask
    "Are you having a bad day?"
    "No why?"
    "Your not putting any smileys in your texts : /"
    "Oh sorry i had a bad day" orrr "oh haha i dont use smileys in my texts"

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's bad. Some people just don't like using icons. I rarely use them too.

• You are over thinking it a lot of people don't use emoticons in general