When to take down your online dating profile?

I've been dating a guy for 2/3 months that I originally met online. Everything's going very well - we see each other most days, spend a great deal of time together and have introduced friends and family members etc. Although it's not been long, I feel secure of his feelings for me and that we have mutual appreciation for each other.

We both still have our online dating profiles up and check them sporadically. I'm inclined to think this is normal (I go on out of sheer boredom), and although I know this could also be the reason for him, I can't help thinking that perhaps I'm being naive... Would you keep visiting a dating site even if you were happily dating someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• You visit the dating site even if you're happily dating someone, so I presume... "yes"?

• Yes but I mean I go on the site infrequently and have zero motives - as I'm aware a lot of women do. I was wondering if that's at all possible from a male perspective...

• Ah, in an ideal world... Thanks for the advice!

What Guys Said 1

• You gotta talk about it or it's all going to stay up. Many guys are under the impression that girls are getting 30+ emails a day so unless you two talk about it, it's going to stay up.

• This is what I figured. I've got no right to be pissed off until we're officially exclusive and/or we've had a "chat". Would be awesome if he initiated it...

What Girls Said 3

• Take it down when you guys discuss being exclusive. If that conversation hasn't happened, then keep it up there. It has been my experience that guys like a little competition. I met a guy on an online dating site, we dated (saw each other 3-5 times per week) for 4 months. On month 2, I took down my profile. On month 4, I created a fake one and his was still there. Oh, and I started flirting with him with the fake one and he was trying to sex chat the 'fake' girl like on day 2. So I dumped him. And I had met his brother and his mom and was making him dinner like twice a week at my house. Loser!

• Oh my god that's horrifying! Jesus... Well we haven't had any exclusivity chat (s) yet, which is why I haven't done anything. I would happily take mine down if he said he wanted to and wanted to be exclusive - but until then I don't want to risk it...

• Well, if you two have been dating for 2/3 months, and you see each other everyday and things seem great, I would say you are in a relationship and a relationship is based on trust. It would he hard for each of you to trust each other if your on dating sites. The reason people usually have profiles on dating sites is to look for other people to date. So if you already have a date you shouldn't be having dating profiles. It leads to insecurity and jealous tendencies that can ruin a good relationship. Instead you both should mutually agree that if your relationship is official and your not looking for other people then both of you delete your profiles at the same time. It doesn't work if only one person deletes theirs. Respecting each other and your feelings. I personally would be hurt if I was in a relationship and my boyfriend had a dating profile. I would feel like he was still looking for other people. I hope you two can come to an agreement and leave the dating sites alone. You already have a date! I know that sometimes people keep the profiles just to see if they are still attractive to other people even when they are dating someone, or to see if they still "got it" but it only Leeds to confusion. Good luck!!

• I think it is pretty safe to take down your profile now. If things are well between the two of you, then there is no reason to continue visiting your profile...unless your doing it to help your ego.