Who sets the nature of a relationship when you start dating? and do you take it if the other person compromises to give you what you wanted?

Does the girl have to ask for what she wants from the relationship or the guy has to set those rules? do you take it if the other person was willing to compromise to make the relationship work?

Example: lets say the person wanted a friends with benefits situation but the girl didnot , and the guy likes the girl enough to compromise and give the girl a relationship to make it work, do you accept it?

• the girl should ask for what she wants
  • the guy should offer what he wants
  • it's ok if people compromise to satisfy the other person
  • if people didnot want the same thing from the relationship they should not date
  • I would not like it if the other person wanted to compromise, i like to date people who wants the same things as I do

What Guys Said 1

• It is ok to compromise

What Girls Said 1

• I think both should just say what they want. Compromise if you're comfortable with the solution, but if its not what you won't don't accept it. If you don't want the same thing, it's only going to end in someone getting hurt.