Are you a couple who talks or has no communication?

So my wife and I have fairly good communication. We know what we're doing each day on an average week, both work-related and social engagements. Even mundane things of whether we're going out to eat lunch on a particular day and with whom. It's not a trust issue thing, it's just conversation "hey, I'm going to lunch with Dave today".

I have another couple that we're both friends with who are the complete opposite. It's like they NEVER talk.

For example, I got a call from the husband early yesterday afternoon. He was asking us our plans for the weekend, asked if I was free for lunch today. I told him we weren't free this weekend, and that I could meet him for lunch.

This morning I get a call from his wife, she asks the whether we were free this weekend, and whether I was going to lunch with her husband tomorrow. I told her we weren't free this weekend and that I was seeing her husband today.

So, which type of couple are you?

Most Helpful Girl

• My relationship with my bf is the same as yours. We try to keep contact with our busy lives. We both know each others schedules. Well he reminds me of mine usually lol. But even though we don't live together we try to see each other at least once a day. And try to talk to each other when ever we can.

• Thanks for selecting mine as most helpful. I really appreciate it.

What Girls Said 6

• My bf and I are the same way as you. Just that kind of couple, I guess. We usually know what the other is doing. Like a, "hey I'm heading to the store after work so I'm be home later…need anything?" or "meeting up with so and so for a quick drink"…that sort of thing.

• I'm the latter. That being said, we're in a new relationship so we're not at the stage where we're keeping tabs on one another (intentionally or not).

I think the first type of relationship is more for people who live together - it's realistic to have a grasp of one another's routines and plans.

• wow I can't believe she called her husband's friend to find out what's going on in his life lol that's horrible

My boyfriend and I communicate about EVERYTHING and after this experience, that's how I'd like my future relationships to be. We communicate about our schedules, our feelings, our frustrations, our future plans *for the weekend or big events happening*, we literately are always communicating about what's going on in our daily life. The open, honest communication seems to repel a lot of potential drama, simple misunderstandings, and diffuse issues before they can even manifest. Communication is the way to go!

• Yeah, he was a little ticked at her for calling me this morning. Seems she comes home and works on stuff for her job nonstop and it's causing friction. But I'm staying out of that one.

• :/ yikes, that's awkward.

• We're a mixture. We talk but we also don't share every detail of our lives. I go out with friends without telling him and vice versa. This works for us

• My boyfriend and I are like you - we're always talking or texting about random things and will be like "so what do you have going on today?" "oh probably just going to work out and then hang out with Chris" "cool". We'd probably think it was weird if we had no idea what the other was doing. Of course, this is also for practical reasons, because we want to know when we're both free to hang out. But it's just nice to talk about what you're doing, too.

• We talk to each other, definitely. I think it's good to know what's happening in each others lives.

What Guys Said 0