How to not care what people think of me?

How can I stop caring what people think of me negatively? I'm always preoccupied what others may think of me but I never put myself first.. any ideas on how I can change this behavior? Thanks. ..

Most Helpful Girl

• I got the same thing, maybe you should try to think about who says it. If a mean person says it to you, then don't worry, mean persons are mean to everyone. Besides, most people that say bad things about you barely know you.

• Can't argue with that

• Just say to yourself something like: they don't know me, so I won't listen to the bad things they say.
      (and then maybe think of something positive about yourself :) )

• thanks for most helpful :D

What Girls Said 5

• I was lucky in that during my time in college, I had an awesome young prof. who introduced us to some grad level concepts. He talked a lot about certain philosophies addressing this - how society instills this mentality in us, which forces us to conform to society's standards.

This leads to us knowing we are always being judged to those standards and we want to fit in, but long complex story short, it's up to US to see through that and re-claim our own personal freedom.

Realize that such propaganda preaching certain standards and values exists to maintain order, which is fine, yet also realize you can still be yourself and it only makes you more original/unique and FREE of these expectations. You can't please everybody, so please yourself and be YOU :)

• Sorry didn't understand that. I'm not educated

• i wish i knew, i am the same way most times. however i try to find something i love (in my case, being around my dogs) and focus on that, then i just loose track of what others think and when it comes to being labeled as crazy dog lady, i embrace it lol... however i mean i know people think i am ugly and such. not really much i can do there. even if i think i am alright looking

• Thanks. . Have people actually called you ugly or is that just in your head?

• yes they did several times and well i am not a supermodel looking type, so i know i am not beautiful lol

• Never compare yourself to anyone. . I'm sure you're pretty.. They are ugly. . Don't insult yourself

• I struggle with the same thing. I just try to always remind myself that everyone has different tastes. Its literally impossible to please everyone or fit into ideal for beauty is. I think that's why its so difficult to be confident in your physical appearance. You hear people say one type is perfect so then you begin to think that's what you need to look like. But then you Iar other people say that some other type is perfect so you again think that's what you are supposed to look like. The biggest thing is you are the only person you should be trying to please. There will always be people who find you beautiful and people who don't, but you are the only one who's opinion actually matters. And remember, you are the only you in the world. There is no one else in the world that is exactly like you and that is incredibly attractive.

• The only opinion I care about is how women view me

• I can't make women like me.. They shouldn't be so mean to me.. what does balls have anything to do with it?

• Easy for you to say grow some balls cuz women have it easy cuz they don't have to approach and they get great satisfaction rejecting men

• You're not the RMB will not let any one person to do all the praise to you, the people who care about you will understand quite naturally to you, do not care who you are, why you care about his ideas, the relaxation to relax it!

• What's RMB? Sorry the rest of what you said I did not understand?

• Show that you care about other people think about you,You are very care about your image,You idea is exquisite,It's bad not establish yao

What Guys Said 4

• No, no you want to think about what others think of you. Your filter is broken because you're afraid to dirty it not because you need a new one. Use it. Listen to other people, get offended, and learn the difference between meaningful attacks and petty nonsense.

It is that sensitivity and vulnerability that will make you wiser, stronger, and more able to shrug off the things that do not matter. Take it to heart. Let it burn a little. Then work through it and go from there. The reality is that as long as you refuse to use the filter you take in all of it, good and bad, external and internal, and then you grow more and more paranoid as you go.

• So I should want to get insulted?

• You know this how? All you do is criticize me, instead of using that energy to help you use it to tear down.

• You want to live a lie? Go ahead. You want to shove your emotions in a closet "until next time"? Go ahead. You want to pretend that you can stop giving a fuck about other's opinions? Go ahead. You want to live... as you are... ? Go ahead. You want to avoid facing truths and learn how to disseminate between the meaningful and the meaningless jabs of others? Go ahead.

If you want someone to coddle you I am so sorry that you had the unfortunate happenstance of running into me. I wish you much luck on your journey through the loop and when you get back here, because you will, I hope that someone else takes the time to try again to snap you out of your fairyland fantasy that you are above the judgment of others, you are beyond the truth of the world, and others are below the Sultan that is you.

• yeah fill your live with things of substance - creative, proactive things. as in do something yourself

• Why do people over use that word proactive. . I don't even know what it means. .

• If you don't know what it means how can you tell they're overusing it? Look it up. In practice, it means going above and beyond the cycle of "go to work you do not particularly like -> go home and consume entertainment on TV -> occasionally go out and drink"

• Cuz it's used a lot that's why

• personally my phones wallpaper got the following written on it:

"wolves dont lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"

and it always help to remind me not to give a fuck about the BS of other people :)

• Easier said than done but thanks for sharing that

• You should probably "dissolve" in something you love to do. Do you love spending your time skiing, riding a bicycle, painting or simply doing some math work? Then just do what you think you enjoy doing and you'll slowly forget about the people who think of you negatively.

• My only interest is finding a gf

• "They"? What do you mean by "they"? The people? Or the girls?

• Guys