This is for the single parents out there. Or if you aren't, then your opinion would still be appreciated. But you must be honest.?

Hi guys! So my question is, say that you are a single parent and you meet someone. It is getting serious and you are now thinking of living together. Would you expect your partner to have monetary contribution towards your children? Or would you be happy with them just spending time with your kids?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't expect it, but I'd hope he would do it on his own because I'd want him to treat my kid as his own.

What Guys Said 3

• If you're living with someone who has a kid, you should be contributing to raising the kid. It's just not realistic to be living under the same roof as the the kid, be in a relationship with the parent where you're splitting rent and food costs and utility costs, but then wash your hands of the child costs and the child time. Once you're living together, it's not like the first few dates when the parent can send the kid to a grandparent's house for the night.

• Yeah but the kid isn't your responsibility. The parent made the choice of dating you so why should you?

• If it was me in this situation I would expect them to give a little something (money wise). Nothing huge or big by any matter but just to help out.

What Girls Said 2

• I've been in this situation. I never expect or requested financial support for my daughter from my boyfriend. It turned out that he decided to do that all on his own after a while. He even gives her money now for things like doing her nails and going out. I always tell him how appreciative I am of that.

• Not a single parent but i would expect them to provide some help with the children. They would be joining the family and as a family you help everyone in it out.

• I'm a single parent and no I dont expect my future partner to pay for anything related to my children. As long he loves them and accepts them I'm fine. I dont feel it's his responsibility to provide for kids that are not his.

• Nothing? Nothing at all? What if you are in major financial trouble where you could not provide? would you still have this attitude? Especially if he refuses?

• Then that would be ME in major financial problems, not the child.

• Good answer