How does flirting differ in Asia, e.g. China in comparison to Western countries?

When I wrote Asia I meant East Asia (=China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam).

Most Helpful Girl

• Flirting is much more direct, innocent and simple in china. Sex is not really first thing they hint unless you're at the night clubs.

What Girls Said 5

• I can only tell you my ecperience and observation from my school years. Because after school I went straight to Europe and have no idea how the adults do it, but I'm pretty sure it's not much different than school flirting.

In Asia people already know people. So there's no such thing as approaching a stranger and asking for their number. You're either already acquaintances or have a mutual friend, which you then ask to introduce you to your POI (person of interest). Exchanging numbers is really easier than in the west, because Asians ate more collectivistic. After you get the number, the guy (usually) would start to get to know her, talk more, etc. Basically woo her. In this stage the chaser would gauge whether the poi is interested to be more than friends or not. If yes, the chased would declare his/her feeling to the poi and ask whether they want to be bf/gf.

Just like a proposal also.

That's why when I arrived in Europe , it was part of my culture shock how the westerners do it. I said and reacted in ways I'm not proud of. Ah well...

Anyway, this is what I know how schoolkids do it, but I guess in college it's also similar. And this is just in my home land, I have no idea how people in other Asian countries do it.

• What country were you from?

• Send me a message and I'll tell you. I don't want to say it in public

• The Asians of the East are pretty neutral when it comes to speaking to their crush, not the type to show their feelings but you can read from their actions like buying stuff for you out of the blue, being attentive, helps out a lot etc.

Yeah and i'm not talking about the ARABS and Indians. They're too crude and scarily direct.

• didn't really notice much about the flirting. it is true that asia culture is collectivism and Asian approach is more indirect whereas western culture is direct (which i like) and individualistic

• Asian guys are crazy romantic and cute at first, but once your married it stops completely. I would know ;)

• I think western are more straight forward which asia is just the opposite

Asia guys that i know they flirt without even involve my interest what so ever which western mostly do :) thats what i think :)

What Guys Said 4

• Generally (there are always exceptions)

Flirting in certain western countries is more open and sophisticated

While in Asia it differs from country to country. SE Asia it's a different thing - subtle, South Asia is different - crude (most time)

• Compare the statges of Romance and you will get an overall picture..

Asia = Eye contact > Blush> Monosyllables>Confession > Love> Flirting > Sex

Western = Flirting > Eye contact > Crush >Love >Sex > Monosyllables >Confession

• lol Asian put SEX at the end, where did you get this information? I'm pretty impressed.

• then I guess meeting women, hook up having sex on the 1st,2nd ,3rd isn't possible. according to your knowledge, yeah, Asian women are more conservative..

• yes, i agrees there are exception but whereas my point is about traditional concept of romance or courting

• A different language may be spoken

• they're usually more childish and open