True or False, Men please respond.

Is it true that men will text/call and talk to you more often early in a relationship to make sure they have your interest, but then get lazy once they know you like them and expect you to do more of the work?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, men will text less - but you are putting your own incorrect reason on to it.

The reason men text less and women text more, is biochemical. Women get a dopamine buzz when they text. Men don't. So left to their own devices, men will text far far less than women. Whereas women will text for any and all reasons, because the point of the text isn't to seek or send information, it's to chase that little buzz of pleasure in the brain.

What Guys Said 13

• I voted no. Sure that can happen but its by no means automatic. In some ways some couples may text more as they settle into being a couple and stop worrying about too much texting or whatever.

I also think regarding you 'doing more of the work', yes as you move from him asking you out stage to being a couple stage, I'd expect initiation of contact to be more even, or maybe even swing slightly more to you. That's not being lazy, its just a recognition of being out of the 'him asking you out' phase and into the 'being a couple' phase.

• didn't vote. each person is different. some guys may fall into the trap of getting comfortable and being less attentive but certainly not all

• No. Men just tend to clam up unless we have something specific to say. If the guy in question is a bit of an introvert, he'l probably go for months without contacting those he loves most, just because he's already said everything he wanted to say. Then it turns into a negative "Why don't you talk to me more" thing and he just wants to be left alone. If he's an extrovert you won't notice it as much.

• Yes u have a good point, because a guy I'm dealing with comes off initially like an extrovert but is really a geek lmaooo and I mean no offense by use of the word geek - love them!

• Goes for both sexes... life gets in the way, even important people/issues take their turn on the back burner while the front one is on fire

• It depends, it's up to men to rekindle the ''romantic flame'' although they have been together for 10,20years. It's a process recycling, redo over and over again. Men LEAD the interactions, letting women to PURSUE them.

• When you get a new car, you wash it, wax it, then wash it regularly for awhile. As years pass and you still have the same car, it is lucky to get washed once a month.

• I have been texting/calling with pretty much the same frequency for 17 years.

• Yes but it's not for that reason. It's exciting in the beginning. After that, we cool down a little :)

• That is kinda true lol

• It's unmanly for him to lose interest in you since he expects you to do his bidding. It's his responsibility to be equally involved with you instead of leaving you holding the bag. If he really likes you, he would stop being selfish.

• lol, FO SURE!! girll... we men like those hard to get ones

• I do all the work, and get nothing in return

• Depends on the guy, but I have never done that and wouldn't.

What Girls Said 0