Why is finding love or dating so complicated?

Hello GAG!
There is something that i totally can't get my head around and that is the concept of friendzones (I understand the they don't like you back part), dating, chasing, acting a certain way, etc.

One of my female friends would never start a relationship with someone after being friends it just seemed odd to her even if she started to like them after. There are also often talks going around of friendzones, acting hard to get , chasing a girl and i simply don't understand why everything has to be so complicated.

In my view it would be so much easier to just tell someone if you love them without having to worry if your making it to easy or ruining your chances because you do it a certain way.

I also generally fall for people who i am already friends with (I feel like i have to break trough the friendzone). When i know we both love each other it just seems logical to take it a step further.

So why is it all so complicated? Could you ever be attracted to someone after being friends first? Would you start a relationship after you and your friend started to love each other? Is dating really required to find love? Or am i just blinded by all the talks around me and is it as simple as telling someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people over complicate things. Also trying to find love is quite forced do to social norms. Here is some insight on love by Mr. Casanova

Real love is the love that sometimes arises after sensual pleasure: if it does, it is immortal; the other kind inevitably goes stale, for it lies in mere fantasy

What Girls Said 1

• It isn't that hard if you stop trying to control it and have patience to find the right person.

That other jazz is mostly to try to give people the idea that you can win someone over who doesn't like you that much.

That being said, sometimes we humans have very real flaws that we need to get in check to become more attractive candidates for romance or even suitable partners for people.

What Guys Said 0