Would you date a librarian or do they not make enough money?

I want to be a librarian. To get into the competitive program - I am doing a triple bachelor degree in 3 different subjects. I am worried that guys won't want to date me because a librarian only makes around 40 000 - 90 000 dollars a year.

Most Helpful Guy

• seriously, Guys don't care how much money you make. Also, 90k is quite a bit of money. Not sure what kinda guys you're thinking of going after.

• Wrong. some guys do same with girls not every girl is a golddigger.

What Guys Said 14

• Heck yea I'd date a librarian. I could care less how much you make, I think that's a cool occupation if you want to go into it, I love books too :)

• Guys don't care about the money like typical girls do. Nowadays, guys are being turned down because the girl determines that the guy's income isn't high enough (for her) and the girl will either dump him or just ridicule him relentlessly until he has had enough of her complaining.

• Love is blind.

It's great if she works and I like a women with ambition and drive but I'd never judge based on salary.

School teachers are some of the hardest working and important people we have and they get paid like crap. It would not stop me from pursuing one.

I make a ton myself so I guess less important to me maybe.

• Being a librarian is a great and honored profession. Any guy who would let your choice of a career, and what income came with that choice, be a deal breaker doesn't deserve you.

• I would date the shit out of a sexy librarian.
    Are you kidding me? You're like a straight up pornographic fantasy haha

And that money is pretty decent, so I don't know what you're worried about.
    Plus I plan on getting rich, so in the end, its not going to matter how much my future wife makes unless she's also rich.

• Most men (like me) are not as modern as you woman...lol most of us still feel like we are supposed to be the head of the household and provide so it really doesn't matter to us if your a Liberian or a housewife

• I don't give a shit how much money a woman makes or even if she works at all.

• They need a college degree so id assume tey make good money but its the personality that matters

• Not date someone because of their paycheck? That's stupid! It's not about money, but love and being together with someone you love. If someone would not date you because of that, then they are not worth your time :)

• I don't care how much a female makes. If I like her and she's nice I will date her.

• I would date a librarian, I could care less how much they make as long as they enjoy doing it.

• Librarians are Libras and I can't do that.

• I would just prefer that my gf has a job, any job. I put in a lot of hours at work, so I wouldn't want her to sit at home all day thinking about me not being around her. We agreed that we'll both work until we're married with kids. Then she'll be a stay at home mom and I'll probably get a job that is not as demanding. It doesn't matter to me what her job is or how much she makes because I already make enough to support us.

• I don't know why everything with regards to dating today is related to money. I could care less about money.

What Girls Said 2

• whats wrong with 90,000 a year?

• Up to 90,000 a year chances are she won't be making that right away starting is 40,000.

• Guys don't care about money.

However, being a librarian is a competitive field and takes a lot of time up. (I wanted to be one, but opted out because of the saturated field in my interest area).

It may be good to look for flexible, civic minded guys and avoid high-dominance guys who want a woman to be there to fill his every need.

Librarians also tend to be analytical, so also be sure to let your soft, emotional side shine through!

• @soft, emotional side shine through!

are you certain everyone has that?

• Less educated or less intelligent? Big difference.

• I would say both.