How is a 19 year old different from a 21 year old?

I just turned 19 and I started seeing a 21 year old. I don't notice the age difference and my friends say that it's because I'm mature. How is a 19 year old different from a 21 year old (other than legally buying/drinking alcohol)?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think they are different enough on average for you to really be able to generalize anything. I think if you give it another couple of years of college/post college life, a lot of people get more jaded. I'm 24, going to be 25 in July and I can say I feel like I've changed more since I was 21/22 than at any other time in my life since maybe puberty. In some ways for the better, in others worse. Life just kind of hits you around 22 or 23. At least mine did.

Speaking in terms of like where to draw social generations, I feel like I have very little in common with someone who barely even remembers life before the proliferation of cell phones and the internet (someone 18, born in 1996). Seriously I feel like a relic. But I'm generalizing I know.

What Guys Said 6

• I was attracted to a 18-18.5 year old when I was 20. I didn't see a difference then. I think she liked me also, once upon a time... blah blah blah

• As much as I hate to say it, tons of people seem to think that when young, women more a bit faster than men, and they say about two years difference.

• They aren't. Date an older guy and you'll really see a big, very positive difference.

• Very little difference. Both in college.

• There age is different

• Ones 19 the others 21 there's your answer.

What Girls Said 2

• The only difference is the number because let's face it, at some point, two years appart is nothing.

• Tell her. That age is just a number,, and im ur age and my boyfriend is ur dates age, so ignore her