She ended it with me because I was to possessive, I can't even believe we're over. Any way to save it?

My girl, well ex girl really, has a job as a bar tender to pay for some of her university expenses, usually working nights.

When I visited her work the first time I realized what a bad neighborhood it was in and that a bad crowd hangs out there.

She has to go home at about 1 a.m. And walks many blocks to the subway and then drives home and walks again.

This drove me crazy with fear because let's face it NY isn't exactly the safest city for a 23 yr old woman at 1 am.

So I told her I would either pay for her cab to get home or pick her up. She was OK with this for a short time but started complaining and lying about taking a cab.

Out of the blue she ended it with me yesterday saying I was destroying her freedom etc.

I don't fee like I was unreasonable I just love her and was scared for her safety.

Do you think there is a way I can get her back, maybe if I try to change and become more relaxed?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe try talking to her and expressing the fact that you care about her, hence you caring about her safety. There are two sides to a story. So, communicate with her if she allows it. But she may have feelings about things you didn't consider.

What Girls Said 3

• I think there is a way everybody deserves a second chance... Make agreements with her have her call you when she gets home so you know she got home safe and tell her how you feel

• Just let her be, I mean really. she's a grown woman Im sure she's got some kinda weapon there with her.

• I agree with DodgersGM it seem more like she used this situation as an excuse to end the relationship, there may have been a bigger contributing factor to her decision.

What Guys Said 3

• I can see it from your perspective. That situation would give me some concern as well. However it depends on how you came at it. You say you "told her" you would pay for a cab/drive her home. If you're straight up just informing her how she's going to go about her life, then I can see how that'd be pretty irritating.

At this point I don't think there's a whole lot you can do. Give her some space as it was just yesterday. Maybe she'll come around.

• This kinda feels like it's only a snippet of a larger story. I can't see how this one thing alone would make her feel that way.

• I can see both sides in your situation. It seems like she just feels smothered by your overprotection (which by the way I can understand, from your situation). Maybe some time to yourself will help you overcome those fears.