Why are girls less affectionate than guys in a relationship?

Why are girls less affectionate than guys in a relationship

I see that it is always the guy kissing the girl and holding her and holding her hand and doing stuff like that. You rarely see a girl kissing her boyfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• This is so unbelievably far from the truth. How did you come to this assessment?

• I never see girls being affectionate towards their boyfriends. I have also been told by older men that men are more affectionate

• For starters, there is no possible way you can seriously generalize girls like this based on the very limited view of relationships you have seen thus far. Secondly, do you seriously listen to everything someone tells you and set it in stone as the truth? So what if he is older. He could just as easily be giving advice based on his own ignorance and or inexperience. I see girls being affectionate with their boyfriends ALL of the time. I am very affectionate with my boyfriend as well. So I dont really see any truth to what you were told or what you're expressing here.

What Girls Said 7

• This isn't true for everyone. I'm definitely more of a lover btwn the two of us. He's getting more comfortable with it now, but he's expressed to me that he doesn't like anyone touching him, at all, except for me. I really crave touch, so I want a nice long intimate hug when I see him every day after work. At first he would only let me hug him, maybe lighty put his arms around me, but now he hugs me back. We aren't huge on PDA but every once in a while I'll sneak a kiss in, or he'll pull me over to put his arms around me. Makes my heart melt every time, because he doesn't do it often.

• well this is true for my bf and i. he REALLY likes touching me…. to the extent that it gets a bit much. its not rare, but a lot of the times we display ourselves as less affectionate …. ok imma pause here and only talk about myself.

I…do this, in order to actually test whether my man can talk to me or b with me without touching me or getting all physical. if a man can do that, then his intentions are good. some women enjoy the excessive touch. i personally dont, not when its not necessary.

• a) she's nervous
    b) she's not use to physical affection
    c) she's still getting used to the relationship

don't expect her to make the first move right away in the relationship when its a new one. take it slow she'll start to feel comfortable soon :)

• when i do, he pushes me away cause he wants his space. or its too hot. sick of being rejected :'(
    so i gave up trying. he'll come to me when he wants to be cute.

• because women use communication to achieve closeness and men are prone to using physicality to achieve closeness.

• What do you mean by communication

• words! girls talk to get closer to people. deep convos, flirty convos etc (which is way different from guys, because instinctually they use words to create distance)

• Guys can't controle themselves in public? xD

• "I see..." well that's your problem. You're basing your assumptions on what you see in public and not what happens in private. Since girls are generally taught to be more socially aware they might be less comfortable with PDA than guys. I know that's true with my boyfriend and I.

What Guys Said 5

• Might be a public thing. When I'm out and about with the girl I'm seeing she sort of keeps her physical distance. Which I don't mind a lot, PDA is sort of childish in my opinion. When we're alone though she's crawling all over me, I love it. Maybe the girls you're watching just aren't into PDA.

• I agree. I counted today and at 45 I have gone on dates with exactly 8 women incl my ex wife. I was more affectionate then all of them..

• Weird because usually it's me exhibiting this type of behavior. I'm the one who's not into handholding or that PDA stuff.

• You're dating the wrong girls man.

• My girlfriend sucks. That's why.