Why are there so many questions of would you date a *insert ethnicity/nationality* person?

Do you think it's out of insecurity, curiosity. Or are we that far gone, do we forget we're all people. Not recognizing anyone as a person passed their culture, background and/or color of their skin. I'm honestly confused at these questions maybe because I like to get to know and study people. Basing my like and dislike of a person on attitudes and personality. I'm just asking so if anyone wants to help me out and possible others, thank you all in advance.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd date anybody regardless of race. I have no intention to turn down her and makr her feel bad.. at least she have the courage to stood up and ask meh out. Eitherway, its always been my desired to treat every women like a *Princess* they way they wanna be treated. I can't turn her down and make her feel bad. Im a man afterall and thats what im here for and is my purpose on earth to fulfilled women's need. =D

What Guys Said 6

• I think a lot of people on GaG live in areas without much culturally diversity. Either that, or they have a very specific interest in a certain race, and they're hoping they've got a shot.

• Yes. A nice point. Sometimes I forget being from a large metropolitan area along with my upbringing. I see dating outside of ones race is a common occurrence and that people are people. There's no need to be thirsty as much as so called curious people should get out to get to know the person/group of people they're attracted to.

• People here are afraid of differences in people when it comes to dating and liking people.

• Its about ego

• I don't know. But you know my answer already :-p

• Some people are mentally unstable, raised by fools or are just plain ignorant.

• Because people are still hung up on race these days, and STILL make a big deal out of it. I think half the world's issues concerning race would disappear if people would simply give up these preoccupations and fascinations with race.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's completely out of insecurity...always coming from minorities of course. I guess they are insecure because of the medias completely biased view of what's attractive, and what not. Unfortunately, most often white skin is deemed as attractive, and anything else is lower tier. And I think that's why all of the insecurity exists. With that said, I dont identify with the insecurity here because I never feel unwanted because of my race...thank God.

• Because people on this site are very insecure

• Ugh, you said it.