How did you find your girlfriend or boyfriend and how did you start dating?

I've just been having the worst luck with dating recently and I just want to know how all of you guys do it, and why I seem to suck so bad at it.

Most Helpful Girl

• online dating. OkCupid. If you try it, you will probably have absolutely horrible experiences, weird experiences, one nighters, and maybe meet someone who super amazing. I started online dating about eight months before I met my boyfriend. I'm female and live in a big city, so meeting people was really easy for me. I hear it's more difficult for men because women are often less forward (unlike me, I messaged SO many guys). After some "dates" where the dude showed up hours late and I walked out on him, some where I decided I wasn't into him and he didn't seem into me and we hooked up for some great times, and some where the guy was into me and I wasn't reciprocating, I got a message from my boyfriend and was at least mildly interesting, nothing personal, just a quick comment from him about something I put on my profile, I decided to reply (didn't even look at his profile). We started having a crazy message back and forth and quickly decided to meet. Haven't looked back.

I actually didn't think he was uber cute or anything from his profile, but when I saw him he looked way better in person and I was immediately interested. Plus, he's very friendly and that looks great to begin with so hotness/handsomeness just gave him a nice bonus. We met somewhere we could just walk around until we found a place to get a drink, and then we talked for five hours straight about both pretty hefty, things that spoke about our core selves, insecurities, values, like how to act in certain situations, how to better yourself etc ., and pretty light stuff, like dumb animals and favorite foods. Similar interests were key to future dates.

It's worked so far! I've had doubts only about mundane things, like how we would have to work out a living situation together, and pressures, like whether we'd be able to survive long-distance, but in terms of getting along, so far it's taken being really honest and communicating. READ: Build REAL trust.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• We have a class together at our university, I always thought he was really cute and I really wanted to talk to him. He's friends with my best friend, and my best friend gave him my number. He texted me and we flirted right away and now we're dating. :)

• My boyfriend saw me near a pier, and decided to approach me. He asked for my number, and the rest was history.

He was confident, and bold and that was pretty damn attractive.

• I almost exclusively date my guy friends lol. It's so easy since I know them already!

• I met him when we were both helping out a mutual friend with a project. I'm not exactly sure how to explain how we started dating. Polite conversation ->teasing -> more teasing->facebooking ->him asking me out ->I said yes

I think what you should do when you meet a girl you think you might like, slowly (depending on the circumstances) escalate the way you interact with her and see if she positively reacts. If she does, escalate further until you ask her out (or she asks you out if she's forward). If not, back off because she's probably not interested and it would come off as creepy if you keep escalating after that point.

What Guys Said 2

• I met my girlfriend through her sister, who I was friends with in school. First time I met her she cut her finger on my knife trying to crack open a coconut. We started dating long after, we were getting flirtier over time and I asked her out on her birthday.

• I actually had given up on dating. I came to this site asking similar questions about dating as you are asking right now. Don't be discouraged. Dating can be exhausting. I actually met a fantastic woman on here, even though I didn't come to gag looking for someone to date. We are currently in a relationship. Who knew a message about her username would turn into something like that. She's turned out to be my best friend. Best of luck to you, I know it's hard, but it's worth it when you find the right person.