How often should he want to see you in the beginning phase of dating?

I've been dating this guy I met online for a month and he only has wanted to see me once a week...is this normal? Shouldn't a guy crave to see a girl more in the beginning phases if he really likes her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would want to see her daily so I would have to agree with you, x

• What if he is texting me everyday and during the week has an extremely busy work schedule? Today he texted me and said he has to work but I would've expected him to try and see me later in the evening or tomorrow but nothing mentioned about that :( so maybe he's not as into me as I thought he was

• To add today is Saturday so it's the weekend so I would expect people are more free

• You have a right to expect some effort from someone your in a relationship with, so don't think you are doing something wrong by not wanting more effort, because his effort is essential if this elationship is going to work, x

What Guys Said 9

• If you guys are talking everyday then thats good. He could just be really busy and only be able to see you fully just once a week. I know if I really like a girl that I want to see her often but I study and work a lot and usually I can only see her once a week whilst talking everyday.

• I think once a week is totally fine, but that's just my opinion and there's really no "right" or "wrong" here.

• Would you skip a week though? Bc he didn't make plans with me this weekend :/ it seems sketch bc he was texting me all day then hasn't replied since the afternoon and now it's almost 10

• I wouldn't skip it on purpose. I'd definitely want to see her every week, that's for sure.

He might just be busy...it's hard to say.

• Less is more. Even if he does wanna see you several times a week or more, he's not so he doesn't appear needy or desperate. Keeping you waiting works in his favor, which shows by you coming on here questioning it.

• Does he work a lot or have other obligations? Maybe he doesn't want to seem too needy. There are quite a number of reasons why he doesn't see you more often.

• He works a lot during the week like 12 hrs a day bc he's pretty high up in his company. But he still keeps in touch with me everyday. Sometimes he has stuff with friends on the weekend but hasn't invited me yet when he goes with friends

• Maybe it would be better if you told him you wanted to see him more often then. Communication!

• This just doesn't make sense to me though. So take today for example it's sat and the last time I saw him was last weekend so he texted today and asked how my day was going and I told him I'm at the park and invited him. He declined bc he has to finish work but then didn't follow up with trying to see me later tonight even?

• Yes but then he is judged as desperate or clingy

• I guess he wants to see you, but tries to back-off a bit, so he wouldn't seen pushy or really addicted to you. So he wouldn't annoy you.

• if i start dating the girl i like now, i would be seeing her almost daily. i work with her

• U sure he is interested in you? what did you talk about

• maybe, it could be just his personality though.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it really depends. As long as he's talking to you that's all that matters. Maybe he's busy with work or something and he can't see you more during the week.

• I'm having a similar problem. I just started dating a guy. It's been a month now and I haven't met him yet. Although we call each other and keep in touch via phone and text messaging. I'm starting to worry whether I'm being played.

• Did you ask why you haven't seen him yet

• I've asked him a couple of times to meet up but he's so busy with his work. It sounds odd that he can't get an hour to meet me in a month. Maybe he's not ready for this.