ladies.. do you mind being called "babe" by a guy?

do you mind a guy that is interested in you calling you babe vs your name?

...
...----------------...

Most Helpful Girl

• I do mind. I don't really like pet names. Only my parents have certain pet names for me. My name is short enough as it is (four letters) so I think calling me by something other than my real name is a little redundant haha. I don't really like the sound of "babe" either.

What Girls Said 23

• I hate it, and all other pet names. Instant turn off.

Some girls think being called "babe" is cute, but I just think it sounds really impersonal.

• No.

beepboopbeep

• Only if we are already in a relationship. It really irks me when someone uses a pet name with me and doesn't even know me. Makes him seem fake.

• I Hate it.

• I wouldn't mind at all. I don't know why so many have such a problem with it. :/

• Thank you!

• I just see it as a term of affection. I really don't get why it makes some girls so angry. It's better than being called b**** or c*** or something else lol

• I'd prefer that over my name.

• Not at all! I find it pretty sexy. Of course, if he always calls me babe instead of my actual name, that would just wear it out.

• so would that be a deal breaker if he eventually ended up just using babe?

• Not a deal breaker, but a bit of a turn-off. If he only called me babe it would feel so much less personal than if he used my name or some other nickname every now and then.

• I love when my partner would call me "babe" because it shows some affection

• It depends, if we are in a relationship then it would be okay sometimes. If its one sided then no, I was given a name for a reason.

• I think its annoying , I am not a piece of meat

• Eh, I prefer something sweetheart, sweetie or something else other than babe.

• It`s fine by me.

• Yeah I personally don't care but I don't like it when guys call me baby or mama I'm not a baby and I'm not your baby mama so yeah babe is okay

• Yeah. I do that all the time

• My ex boyfriend always called me "Milady" It was romantic and adorable XD

• If we are in a relationship or exclusive then yeah I like it.

• If he is my bf yes. Other than that no :/

• If he was just a stranger then it could be bit offensive

• i prefer not to even by girls
    i dont know my frens called me that too

• I absolutely hate it. I don't even like to hear people say "babe". Incredibly barf-worthy.

• Yes I do mind. 'Babe' sounds whiny and makes it seem like you overpower her, giving her a pet name which is one letter away from 'baby' which if you are dating correctly, she is not

• I mind if his title is not Boyfriend.

• Nope i don't mind if im not in a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• Think of all the great, great songs that have been written that have "babe" or "baby" in them. I guess all of them are politically incorrect.