Would you date someone you are not attracted too?

I have been having very bad luck as far as my romantic life. Lately it just haven't been working out, however, a guy who I am not physically attracted too asked me out. A part of me would like to go out and see where things go, then another side of me is just like why waste my time and also his time as well. My question is would you consider dating someone you are not physically attracted to?

Thank you all for your responses. I am just going to hang out as friends then see where it takes me from there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I really wouldn't. I actually hate that about me, how physical attraction plays such a big part in my willingness to consider guys as potential love interests. I wish I could just turn off the "turned off" feeling I get by guys I don't find attractive and just focus on their personalities because that is the most honest and admirable thing to do, but I never can feel comfortable doing that :( in any case it doesn't matter, because right now I'm with a guy I find very very attractive and I sure ain't planning on needing to find anyone else any time soon :P

What Guys Said 6

• Obviously you may connect well and enjoy your time with him so it may be worth pursuing. For me there has to be a threshold of physical attraction that has to be there. I want to like how they look and would potentially want to be naked with them. So no I wouldn't date someone I'm not attracted to. I don't feel desperate for companionship either though.

• Would I? No. I feel like that we be a waste of both of our time and it could also give a girl unnecessary heartache when it inevitably doesn't work out.

• I would assumen it is easier for women to attact the type of guy they want because they have an obvious advantage but no a man does not have to settle for someone that is going to waste is time, money, and overall energy. Just like women would say.

• No. It's a bad idea for the reasons you listed.

• If she's all about sex and good, then sure, Why not? I might even if she were Cool and I had nothing else going on even of sex wasn't on the menu.

• It can't hurt to go on a date. I've had girls that I wasn't sure whether or not I was attracted to them until we went out. Sometimes I had a blast and I found them hotter because they were cool. Of course this only helps the hotness factor a little. If the person is a troll then I would turn them down.

What Girls Said 8

• my ex was like that. he wasn't the best looking but his heart won me over. so yes i could date someone I'm not attracted to. just need to mention that i didn't break up with him because of the physical aspect.
    at the end of the day honey, who here is still going to be beautiful/handsome when they are old? maybe… but no one will look as they did when they were in their prime.
    looks fade, personality stays. so dont make a choice based on something that won't last

• Maybe try go out on lunch and see how he is around you? Its not like a date more of a get together to see where things go like as friends. If you find yourself getting attracted to him that's a good sign but if not them speak up and tell him that you don't see him in that kind of way. If you don't want to do either than wait for that someone to come around, I know its a waiting game but sometimes it worth it. Remember they find you.

• I wouldn't date someone that I wasn't physically attracted to, simply because I know that it would be a waste of my time. I don't think any girl should settle for a guy who she isn't completely interested in, because she deserves better than that. I would definitely wait for someone who catches and keeps your interest, both physically and mentally. I personally believe that mutual attraction is essential to dating and relationships.

• I've unfortunately dont this before and it was terrible in every aspect. I recommend waiting for someone with substance and that you're excited about.

• I probably go try it first, like one day dating thing and see if you like it or not. if not, then maybe keep it as a friend. Sometimes you not attracted by the looks but maybe inside is attracted. you never know.

• No. It would be a waste of not only my time, but his time as well.

• No because attraction plays a big part in relationships.

• I have but it's never worked out. I might go get a drink with him casually or something like that but nothing beyond that.