Did boyfriend lie about going to bed?

We've been dating for about 6 months now. I'm his first girlfriend. Today, I went to see Divergent and told boyfriend I was going to see it today which he replied "Without me? I'm so jealous -.- lol" I replied hours later saying it was awesome. I asked him an hour or 2 later (went to eat out with family) which came home at 9. I asked how his day was and he said "Tiring, I need to get some sleep. Good night jaime (:" I kept thinking he was making an excuse to not talk to me. I replied like 20 minutes later and said "Okie (: good night. Quick question: How much are prom tickets?" He replied (I thought he was going to bed? wtf?) asking which one and I said "Senior ball" he said in reply "I've already paid for senior ball tickets, don't worry."

I just made up a question to see if he was really going to bed or lying. I'm really pissed off. I'm not sure if he's playing video games even though he plays when texting me or talking to another girl or doesn't want to talk to me...

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh...calm down a quick second and take a step back.

You're upset over absolutely nothing. Who cares if he doesn't feel like talking to you right this very second? Maybe he just wanted to spend an evening reading or doing homework.

Or maybe he DID go to bed, forgot to turn the noise off on his phone and woke up when your text came.

Or maybe he thought since you were out with friends he'd give you an excuse not to feel bad for not texting him.

You're seriously overthinking this. Like a lot.

My boyfriend doesn't talk to me AT ALL when he's playing video games. And sometimes he plays for 12 hours straight.

What Guys Said 2

• Oh, don't obsess. He just took 20 mins getting ready for bed..checked his messages one more time before hitting the pillows..

• He wanted to spend his time with himself. Of coarse , he will not tell you this way " hey honey , i am not in mood to talk to you right now. I will cya tomorrow"
    Obviously both of the sexes try to gain space for themselves with excuses which won't hurt any how.

What Girls Said 4

• you need to relax, people dont just fall to sleep the second they say theyre going to bed. it takes about 30 minutes for the average person to fall into a proper sleep and if he has his phones volume on so he can hear a notification itll of course rouse him and he will likely reply if he sees its his girl friend.

even if he didn't immediately go to bed, he is allowed to stay up for another 20 mins, you aren't his parent. what if he was brushing his teeth and having a shower or finishing something up first and wanted to say goodnight before he forgot to later? if you were replying every few hours he must have clocked that you were busy and it wouldn't be like he was prematurely ending a full back and forth conversation between you two like he was trying to get rid of you.

• Don't overthink it. Many times, saying "I'm going to bed" means "I don't have the energy to talk on the phone, but I'll respond to your texts." There have been plenty of times that I've said goodnight to someone and continued texting them for a while because we just struck up a new conversation. You know how you get those nights when you lay in bed exhausted, but just can't fall asleep? It's likely that. People generally don't fall asleep on command when they say goodnight. Cut him some slack. :)

• I think you're making a bigger deal out of this than it really is. Sometimes I'll say I'm going to bed and get caught up with something else. He was politely ending the day with you. Maybe he thought you were busy with your fam and didn't want to bother you?

I'd hardly assume he's cheating if he's answering your texts. Especially to tell you he's already paid for your tickets and not to worry? Sounds like a gem.

• Maybe he was getting ready for bed or something, or he might not been fully asleep yet either. I have a friend who keeps his phone on when he's asleep and he'll wake up and reply too. I think there would be different signs. One of my boyfriends used to always pull that "I'm going to bed" thing and then he would be on and off Facebook for hours. If he did that, then that would be suspicious