Anyone else intimidated by online dating?

I don't even have Facebook. I'm an extremely private person. I'm really having trouble meeting people and am curious about online dating but honestly, I just don't think I can get myself to do it... Curious about others, anyone else intimidated?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done online dating for years and after a while, my overall thoughts are that it doesn't hurt to have a profile, and just talk to people who message you in a way that is casual, but real at the same time. Do not reply if you're not interested. Guys complain about this but replying is just a chance for them to reply back trying to convince you otherwise.

Just do quick meets for coffee and if you hit it off, great. Then date further. But don't be like some girls who literally line up multiple dates with different guys for each day of the week.

What Guys Said 3

• That is funny as I just now posted the same type of question. I think it is a great time to be single at my age 45. You have lots of places where people are looking to meet. they can tell you exactly what they are looking for. and you know right off the bat if you have a lot in common. it takes the place of many dates and gives you a place to meet that many people would never have.

• Im also more of a private relationship person as well. I gotta admit that its kinda tough to start a convos cuz u feel anxious but than i stop for a minute and think. The next second i was like "Fawk dat, dont care what they think about meh" so i started every convos with no probs now. It always turn out well at the end though. Just give it a try =) u never know when u might score.

• I actually am. I feel sort of scared I'll meet someone, go on a date, and it will be horrible. I'm nervous that just showing up without ever seeing them prior is too forward for me.

What Girls Said 0