If you were asked, "So how did you guys meet?" how would you answer?

For those couples in a relationship, or has been in one, what is your story?

How did you first meet each other? What happened then that got you together as a couple?

Most Helpful Girl

• God I hate when people ask that question. Its just really awkward for me. My boyfriend saw me near a pier with a coworker and he decided to say something as I was leaving. He engaged me and I gave him my number. He texted me an hour or so later, and by the next few days we were on our first date...which was kind if an epic fail. But, I agreed to go out again with him, and I'm glad I did. 😁

When asked about how we met, I just say,"He found me."

What Girls Said 13

• We met on vacation in Costa Rica when I was 14. I crashed into him in the ocean, thanks to a wave, and we started talking and hit it off. We soon learned that we lived 15 minutes away from each other back in the States and wanted to be friends.

Our parents, who had been friends for many years (never bothered introducing us - how odd!) didn't like the amount of interest we had in each other at such a young age and promptly forbid us from seeing each other.

So being the obedient youth that we were, we sneaked around behind their backs for four years and we'd do very romantic things like hold hands for 5 minutes in a stairwell (oh my!) or hug. And when we weren't together holding hands and hugging we were fighting viciously like an old married couple of a badger and a bloodhound or something. Much crying was done by both parties and many angry and spiteful things were said to each other. No one understood why we still stayed together. Looking back, neither do we lol

When I was 16 his family invited ours to their cottage and that's where I had my first kiss. In the very romantic location of on his guest bed with my then 8 year old siblings in the room.

Then we were again not allowed to speak and the fighting was still happening. Only it was worse because now we knew what swear words were lol.

When I was a senior in HS I called his mother and asked her permission to ask him to my senior prom. She said yes. He said yes (only after I told him I had his parents' blessing). Prom was held October 1, 2011. We started officially dating that night and then here we are today :p

The end.

Oh. We don't fight anymore. We seem to have gotten that all out of the way. It was mostly the frustration of not seeing each other that made us fight.

• I'm single now, but I'll tell you about my most recent relationship.

We met in high school, when I was a junior and he was a sophomore. He was kinda known as the annoying kid who never shuts up and always says the wrong thing. But I was more patient than most people, and he soon figured out that I would tolerate him. After a few months of us talking and hanging out, I started to enjoy seeing him rather than just tolerating it.

We became best friends by the time I left for college. He developed feelings for me and pushed for us to be together. He even proposed to me once, although it was only half serious. But I insisted we stay friends for now. It was bad timing. Unfortunately, less than a year later, we had a falling out. We didn't speak for over a year, but then we regained contact. After a year of being friends, we started dating. But we only dated for a couple months. Now we're back to being friends, but to tell you the truth, I'm still in love with him. My friend said I should drop contact with him for a while so I can get over him, but there's no way I'm letting him out of my life again.

Anyway, long story short, now I am the one in the friend zone. ;P I could probably move on if I wanted to, but I'd rather wait for him. I know I'll never find another guy like him.

• We met at a tennis club! I switched clubs and on one Friday I was playing tennis with my new team and he was there! Once I was near him he came right over and introduced himself! Ever since then we have been talking and now we are dating :)

• At the gym. He tried to be a "do you need help with that" guy, conversation ensued and we have been together for 2 years :P

• In a club, both drunk

• I ran in to him in a park when I was jogging xD looked so sexy (not) I was so Charming (not) it was like a fairytale (ABSOLUTELY NOT)

• Through friends, or the bar lol. And I dont go into detail with people about the week long hottubbing adventure that "made us official"

• In my dreams.

• "Not yet."

• Through a mutual friend. Just talked and had a lot in common.

• It's too long a story so we like to make new stories up every time someone asks.

• We met on tinder.

hahahaha but actually.

• We met at a bar actually lol. We became friends and knew each other for a couple of years before we started dating.

What Guys Said 1

• Make up some dumb story i guess to fuck with her "i had drive my sister to you know (that) doctor.. And i was waiting in the waiting room and as girl who was coming out and the doctor wishing the best, she turned around to leave and the doctor gave me a 😷👍. So i went up to her, asked for her number and thats how it was."