Why the sudden change after a date?

So I met this guy and we talked for about 2 weeks before going on our first date. I was the first one he went on a date with after 2.5 years. Before the date, he told me how he was afraid of getting close to someone because he's been cheated on. Nevertheless, he still showed interest and affection. However, we went on a date, he changed. He's not showing interest or affection as much yet he still messages. Also, I know he's having major issues at his work and he might be losing his job and he's not exactly in the best position but he had already had issues at his job since before, why change after the date if it's just the job being an issue? I really like him and I don't know what to do. I did let him know that I notice the change but he says nothing is wrong. I have tried leaving him alone and not replying to his messages or not messaging at all yet he still continues to message. What do you guys think?

What Guys Said 1

• please give me an example, what are the changes you see?

"Before the date, he told me how he was afraid of getting close to someone because he's been cheated on."
    this is quite fishy to me.

• Examples like before he'd seem more excited during our conversation and he was more flirty. He pretty much made it very clear to the literal sense that he's interested and he'd talk about it everytime we'd talk which was everyday until we went on a date. He still messages a lot and everything but he doesn't talk about "me and him" anymore and isn't flirty at all. Hmm, why fishy?

What Girls Said 0