Have you ever dated someone online and from another country?

Just curious since I know a couple of friends in this situation but they seem to be okay, for now. How did it work out? Did you meet in person? I think it is 50/50 they can work out but if one person goes to the other. There is this saying in Spanish that everyone says, "Amor de lejos amor de pendejos." Literally it means, relationships from far are for as assholes (morons, idiots). It's more of a side comment but you never know they can work.

Most Helpful Guy

• UK, Germany. They don't work because it's too hard to meet.

What Guys Said 3

• I have. Hit it off straight away, visited her after a month, took it in turns to visit each other fortnightly for 6 months, then we got a place together in my country and lived happily for 5 years during which we got married and now we have moved to her country and are happier than ever.

• Nope, i've met people from online but all very much local... anyone abroad I don't even bother thinking about relationships with really. I mean I know someone could be wonderful and I could very well like them, but if I couldn't meet them it would make it too difficult.

• No, but I was briefly interested in an exchange student from Australia in college.

What Girls Said 3

• I once dated a boy from Italy.

• Yes, twice.My actual " boyfriend" is American and I'm Brazilian.He will come to Brazil in October.My ex was Mexican, we lasted 3 years together, but we break up because he was inmature.

• Yeah I have