If I ask you out, would that be rude or weird? (if a girl asks you out first)?

I've asked GaG friends here the other day, whether guys pay everything when they are dating. and most of answers, almost 99% answers were "yes". and they quote, "If I ask her out I have to pay everything"
But I'd like to ask here, if I ask you out, and try to treat you dinner and movie, would you feel uncomfortable, or rude, or weired or even offended? Is it really rare, a girl asking a guy out? I'd like to hear others opinion~ :D thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, being one of the older people here...
    when I was a teenager, which was the last time I dated until 3 weeks ago, I would never consider having a woman pay for a date.
    However, times change. Situations change. I am just out of a divorce where my wife used my love for her to take everything. I just don't have the money to pay for everything if we need to go out a lot. Luckily, being older (45) many of the women my age are very happy just watching a movie at home or going to the park.
    but one of my dates that I did go on was to a movie. She asked me and she said she was paying. That was the first time a woman ever paid on a date with me. I was fine with it. IT was actually kind of nice. Knowing she thought I was worth spending some money on just to spend time with me.
    I think you should go for it. I know I as fine with it.

What Guys Said 9

• Im a shy guy so i would be great if a girl asked me out so that there isn't a lot of pressure on me. Plus i would already know she likes me if she asks me out so that means i dont have to do a lot to impress her. As far as paying goes i feel like that as a guy i should pay for it because thats the way i was raised. It all depends on where we go out to eat though or what we do. Im a poor guy and im not really rich so if a girl asked me out and i didn't have the money i would at least try to pay half or at least what i could. If i didn't have the money and you asked me out i would definitely expect you to pay or we could just be spontaneous and just have a dine and dash lol

• If a girl asks me out I always say yes, even if I had no previous interested. I will not agree to a date if i'm too broke to pay for it. If she wants to pay her half, during the date, I'll try to talk her out of it, but will let her if she persists. If I pay most of the time I'll let her pick up the full tab some of the time if she offers. To be honest I rather pay for everything, But I don't want to insult her by implying that she can't. A man paying for a date is simply an old fashioned virtue that some of us are still influenced by.

• I'd still try to pay at least half for it I can't help it, it is the way I was raised to be a gentleman and respectable man above all else honestly though I can cook really well paint do all sorts of things. No reason to pay for anything when I can just make it or create a cost free date. Why pay for dinner and a movie when I can cook you a home cooked meal then we can just relax on the couch and watch a movie by a roaring fire I don't care if a girl asks me out though I wouldn't find it weird at all.

• Well, if someone YOUR age asked me out I wouldn't be offended; I'd be flabbergasted. I'd start looking for hidden cameras.

Seriously though, I didn't find it at all offensive when I was your age. I did find it exceedingly rare, but it wasn't offensive in the least.

• I would have no problem with a girl asking me out, but I still feel that has the guy I should pay on the first few dates.

• It would be strange but only because it NEVER happens. I wouldn't be offended that she offered to pay and I would never expect her to pay for me but it'd be a first for sure.

• I thought these days, girls ask guys out as well LOL may be we are not there yet...haha maybe I should wait a decade... and seee LOL

• I wouldn't be offended. It would be a sweet change in pace and it would be something I'd NEVER see coming.

• please do :)

• It would definitely feel weird hahah.

• So would you say no to a girl if a girl asks you out first? :)

• I would say yea but i would insist on paying for dinner or the movies and such.

What Girls Said 0