Why would a NonMuslim guy approach a Muslim girl?

I'm an 18 year old girl (i know my profile says under 18, it's a mistake lol) who wears a headscarf and dresses modestly in Western clothes at college. lately i've been getting approached by black guys, who know I'm Muslim since they usually greet me with the Muslim greeting that they somehow know. then they ask for my #. At first, I used to say no sorry I don't date bc it's against my religion. They don't take no for an answer so I tell them no firmly and walk away and get called a b**** several times. I swear Im not even trying to be mean, im not a mean person. I don't even get why they are asking me out since I wear the headscarf? I'm confused i don't know what to do.

Lol do people still answer questions after an answer already has been picked? This is srsly different from Yahoo Answers lol I'm going to get used to this
Wait nvm on YA you can now update even after an answer has been picked my bad

Most Helpful Guy

• I get the appeal, some middle eastern & arab girls stand out so much. They dress different, conservative mostly. They even act a little different, I mean theyre more modest. Its a completely different feel to other girls. Not all are muslim but a lot are, despite this people may try seek relationships whether it be futile or not. when you it weigh up its worth the risk, muslim girls are gems in western societies at this point. The guys over reacting though, thats a self esteem thing, dont worry about it. by the way headscarfs are never off-putting or whatever, they're the best.

What Guys Said 9

• Because most people don't accept the racist idea "I don't date blacks because of my religion."
    Those accepting Muslim girls as equals simply don't believe you REALLY think that way.

Guys who turn away from you are possibly anti Muslim (racist) or guys knowing more about Islamic racist tradition.

PS,
    When I see a headscarf girl I associate her with nuns. (visually it's similar and it's religious too.) It's a pity.

• Look here at percentages of Muslims in African countries: muslimsinafrica.wordpress.com/.../
      Here's a map. Many of these Muslims marry black people. No Muslim leaders there do not object to it. Thus it's not religion, it's tradition in some countries.

• oh wow r u serious. i'm not being racist. I'm not allowed to date at all, any race, any religion, even Muslim guys, according to Islam so don't try to act like you know what you're talking about when you know absolutely nothing. And yeah I'm sure these guys accepted me as equal by calling me names like they do to other girls. And wtf do you mean guys who turn away? That doesn't make them racist. You are the most stupid person to have a discussion with. And Muslims is not a race so racist isn't the correct term to use. Stop falsely accusing and "guys who turn away" of being racist. You seriously have problems. How is being religious a pity. I actually pity you for being an absurd individual.

• Let me quote you "I swear Im not even trying to be mean, im not a mean person." :-S

• This is something I will never understand because I am a guy but as a guy I would love for women to approach me and ask me out even if they were ugly it would boost my ego that is for sure. Just say no so what if you get called a bitch I think the only reason women have that stigma of being called a bitch or slut affects them is because they let it affect them. Look at us guys we get called whores and we embrace it we act like we don't care even if its not true we would just laugh it off. Even if someone calls you the s or b word and its not true just laugh it off cause you know they are clearly saying that based off of emotion cause they don't even know you how could they prove you are a slut with out proving it.

• ok dude you need to boost your own self esteem and not depend on women too lmao srsly

• Yeah I am not a woman so I can't say how it feels and yeah you are right but it still feels good to be appreciated and for women to compliment us guys on our looks=)

• And you have to understand they only call you that based off emotion they don't actually mean it.

• They sound like assholes.

As for why they're even asking in the first place, my guess is that they're hoping you'll break the rules and date them, or they're just ignorant as to the rules that you're supposed to follow.

• Haha yup they are. Smh they would hope that or at least be ignorant.

• AsalmAlkm Sister :) I am pretty sure they know what they are doing. There must be something about you that they are finding attractive and you being a Muslim is NOT a problem for them. I just don't understand why they use the B word if they are sincere.

• by the way , just so that people do not get misguided; there is nothing forbidden about "dating". You have every right to like a person of the opposite gender. You can be talk with them to know each other better. YOu can be good friends. But you cannot have what these days is called a "relationship". What is strictly forbidden is physical contact.

• Wsalam :) haha that's what i suspected. thanks for letting everyone know the Islamic dating lol I was thinking about including that but I didn't feel like typing more

• If you are going to get to know someone and date them you have to go the old school way, which means the guy has to ask permission from your parents in order to do that.
      Aslamakm by the way .
      As for dudes approaching you, you can learn how to say that watching tv, but mostly they want to see if you really are as religious as you portray wearing hijab.
      Ill agree with the point of them being assholes. Because they are. Calling you names because you tell them you are not allowed to date just shows disrespect.

• Well is the headscarf supposed to be a deterrent against men? Forgive my ignorance

• Because they are disrespectful. It's not your fault.

• I know its against your religion but lighten up abit you should be flattered that males like you, even know you won't do nothing until your married just take it as a compliment and get on with your day without taking it personally.

• r u serious? it would have been a compliment if they didn't call me bad names. i mean i get compliments sometimes by guys and i don't mind but if i get called bad names that just doesn't make it a compliment.

• Oh yeah didn't read that properly!
      Dont give your number and tell them where to go! 😉

• ignore them, its racist comments.

• did you tell your dad about it?

What Girls Said 7

• Because you are pretty?

Because you are interesting?

Because you are different?

Because of a dare?

• Wear a ring on your ring finger and say you're engaged or something etc it might put them off I know it's lying and it's bad it might work in your favour. Or just ignore them

• Maybe they are just trying to irritate u...when i was in college black guys would flirt with me by calling me a sweet name and then when i didn't react like they wanted they would call me a bitch or hoe...i dont know why but they would stand near the union and do this with every girl that passed. If she was cute they try to flirt and then call names if rejected. If not so cute they would just call her names. It was awful..im black though so i know how to handle their a**. Anyway im also a muslim and i used to cover and men would flirt left and right and i didn't wear tight clothes or wear anything flattering. Some guys just dont care.

• It has nothing to do with your religion. Those guys are pig who can't deal with rejection. I get called degrading names too when I say 'no'

• They're probably Muslim too?

• i think they assume you are one of them girls who are "act religions"! Mind you i seen lots of girls at my school who wear hijab and act all religous but then on Facebook or whatever! they are like with my babe and stuff! basically going on dates and stuff! even thou its quite clear that they are doing it against there parents will! next time just be clear to him if he doesn't understand then give him earbuds box and tell him to clear his ears out! because clearly he's not getting the word!

• Hey , not everyones the same , :). There are the bad , and there are the good

• Lol srsly? Where do you live (out of curiosity)? I have never seen a hijabi do that where I live. NOT once. But they probably do exist

• Probably ! Coz you live where people actually care about their religion ! by the way Birmingham ! Lol I'm not making some shit up!

• well quite a few black guys have muslim family members and are just generally less racist towards arabs/muslims, they're probably more open to it than white American guys.
    a lot of covered women date, so don't expect it to be a deterrent.
    and don't ever let a man calling you a bitch make you question yourself-they call every girl that.

• they do that's interesting? ya i have witnessed them calling other girls that